Gmail Sales Extension

cmercet

Notifications opening tracked emails

SOLVE

Hi,

When someone open a tracked email in a thread of answers with Gmail, I receive the number of notifications of email answers.

Would it be possible to just have one notification instead of tone of pop ups?

Thank you for your help dear hubspot team!

Clement

1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

click on the HubSpot Sales icon in the top-right corner of your Chrome browser. Then click the gear icon. Here, you'll see an on/off toggle which silences notifications.

• If you switch the toggle off (no check mark), HubSpot Sales will still track emails, but the real-time notifications will be silenced for 24 hours.
  • Turning the toggle back on will re-enable real-time notifications.
  • You can always view silenced notifications by clicking the HubSpot Sales icon or by viewing your activity feed under Sales Tools > Activity Feed.
  • This notification toggle will reset each day. 

If you're using the HubSpot Sales Windows tray app instead, right-click on the HubSpot icon on your PC and select Pause Notifications

Alternatively, you can mute notifications for particular email threads. Learn how here. Additionally, if you would like to delete a notification from your activity feed, click the X icon to permanently remove the notification from your feed.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
BobChatham
Participant

SOLVE

How about just providing one notification per email? It's the false positve repeats that are annoying.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @BobChatham,

Thank you for your feedback.

The issue could be related how sales emails are tracked in Hubspot which is through an invisible pixel embedded into the email that loads when the email is opened, however, as this tracking is very simple, it will trigger the notification and add a +1 to the email open count even if you as the sender open the email or revisit it. This is explained in detail here in Why am I getting multiple email opens for a specific tracked email?

If any of these opens are attributed to self-opens, I would recommend following the steps in this knowledge base article: Blocked IP addresses. 

If you would like to suggest an improvement to the notifications feature, I would highly recommend you to please post this product suggestion at our ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
CThomas742
Participant

SOLVE

@kvlschaefer althought this solution is fairly simple to implement, this information isn't very accessible! I had to call your customer support team (not useful at all by the way) and then waste an hour seraching on google to find this tidbit of information. More to the point I dont understand why this could be fixed by your Devs team seems like a quick fix for someone with the knowledge, instead of us as customers having to raise the issue with some idea voting system.  

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

click on the HubSpot Sales icon in the top-right corner of your Chrome browser. Then click the gear icon. Here, you'll see an on/off toggle which silences notifications.

• If you switch the toggle off (no check mark), HubSpot Sales will still track emails, but the real-time notifications will be silenced for 24 hours.
  • Turning the toggle back on will re-enable real-time notifications.
  • You can always view silenced notifications by clicking the HubSpot Sales icon or by viewing your activity feed under Sales Tools > Activity Feed.
  • This notification toggle will reset each day. 

If you're using the HubSpot Sales Windows tray app instead, right-click on the HubSpot icon on your PC and select Pause Notifications

Alternatively, you can mute notifications for particular email threads. Learn how here. Additionally, if you would like to delete a notification from your activity feed, click the X icon to permanently remove the notification from your feed.

0 Upvotes
joewithfriends
Participant

SOLVE

I clicked the link at the bottom that seemed like it should lead to instructions for turning off notifications for specific mails, but the article it linked to didn't seem to have any information about how to do that.

0 Upvotes
indieweb
Contributor

SOLVE

@joewithfriends yup there is currently no way / no longer a way to mute threads as per this thread.

0 Upvotes
yikes
Participant

SOLVE

PLEASE make a way to turn off notifications for specific emails.  I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally forgotten to turn off the "tracking" option in my Gmail account when I send a company email and receive over 100 notifications (and receive them for weeks on end) when I do.  It is maddening.

Why can't you create something this simple?

I still need the notifications for my sales emails so I can't turn them off universally and 24 hours wouldn't do any good anyway since everyone opens them for forever and a day anyway - I guess my emails are just that interesting.