Gmail Sales Extension

Philip
Participant

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

Dear Community,

is it possible to show/track notifications only once?

Problem is, that if a receiver opens an email, the tracker tracks every 3 minutes if a email is still open and i get a notification every time. 

The biggest problem: i have clients with over 50 "opened email" notifications and this is spamming the contact timeline.

Is there a possibility to stop or show notifications only once?

Best, Philip

2 Accepted solutions
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

@Philip,

You can mute specific notification threads so you stop receiving them for that specific tracked event. This can be done by clicking the HubSpot icon in your browser that is specific to Sales Pro, or if you have enabled desktop notifications, you can mute from there.

Hope that helps!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

Josh
Solution

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

@Philip,

I hear you, but from what I know it's not as much a bug with the system as how email platforms work. For example, if I use Outlook on Desktop, if that email is the one that's open as the last email read, everytime I open Outlook it may send a notification. However, the HubSpot sales tool doesn't have a way to determine if it's a legit open or something like that. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand your pain here and wish there was a better solution...and maybe there will be down the road.

I am not sure of your situation, but if you are actively involved in sales, the $50 per month for Sales Pro is well worth the investment. In many cases, if having those features helps you close an additional deal it will pay for the invesment (obviously determined by sale size and profitability). Full disclosure: Yes, I'm a HubSpot partner and a bit bias, but I am also a user of Sales Pro and don't get anything in return for suggesting that. As a user my opinion is that the investment is worth the value.

Best of luck!

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
GeorgeLP

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

I am having a similar problem! I think the solution I am looking for is different. I get notifications on my desktop and phone for every single "X has  opened your email," which I do not want to see. However, I do want a notification if someone has RESPONDED to my email, or sent me an email. So I do not want to blanket mute the entire thread, but rather to turn off "read receipt" notifications. Is this possible on Hubspot? Can anyone help me with this?

0 Upvotes
VinCardoso

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

I am with the same problem right now.

And don't know how can I solve it.

Someone can help me?

There is something to receive only first notification of an open email?

Thanks.

Creeia11
Participant

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

SImilar issue- I am recieving a constant stream of notifications to the HubSpot app when somone is either responding to an email or they click in and out of a note. I'm recieving hunreds of notifications about an email- which as much as I hope my emails are that interesting- they really aren't. This steady state of buzzing notifications- both chrome notifications and phone (hubspot app) defeat the entire purpose of teh email tracking.

Any insight on a better workflow would be great. 

I have "sales pro" , but am not an advanced user by any means.

Thanks

kawells924
Participant

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

This issue just started for me yesterday. The only thing that has changed is that I installed the MacBook iOS update. This is the most frustrating thing ever - I am in agreement with the others on this thread. This is clearly a BUG. There's no reason we should have to mute our notifications completely. The goal is to get notified when someone reads or replies to an email. It used to work this way and suddenly it is spamming me even when I'm the one who opened the email. 

HubSpot folks?? Can you please help us?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

Hi @kawells924,

The functionality of receiving open notifications for each open is working as expected. If you want to block self open notifications, I would recommend following the steps outlined here.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

@Philip,

You can mute specific notification threads so you stop receiving them for that specific tracked event. This can be done by clicking the HubSpot icon in your browser that is specific to Sales Pro, or if you have enabled desktop notifications, you can mute from there.

Hope that helps!

Josh

Josh Curcio

Philip
Participant

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

@Josh 

Sorry, but that wont help. The notification is not the main problem.

The problem is, that the tracked event can be seen in the timeline of the customer.

Like "Josh opened XY - email - 1 min ago / 4 min ago / 7 min ago / 10 min ago ...." - this is spaming the timeline very hard.

Check the screenshot below

Unbenannt.PNG

0 Upvotes
Josh

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

@Philip,

In the timeline on the contact you can use the filter timeline feature to remove them, however it will remove them all.

Josh

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
Philip
Participant

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

@Josh

Thank you. 

But the problem is not to turn of or filter that. I want to fix it.

I am not a "sales pro" user and 200 notifications are gone in 2 days, if this "bug" wont be fixed.

I mean, it's not even realistic that someone opens an email every 3 minutes and 20 times in a row. So thats clearly a bug.

Any solutions on that?

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

@Philip,

I hear you, but from what I know it's not as much a bug with the system as how email platforms work. For example, if I use Outlook on Desktop, if that email is the one that's open as the last email read, everytime I open Outlook it may send a notification. However, the HubSpot sales tool doesn't have a way to determine if it's a legit open or something like that. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand your pain here and wish there was a better solution...and maybe there will be down the road.

I am not sure of your situation, but if you are actively involved in sales, the $50 per month for Sales Pro is well worth the investment. In many cases, if having those features helps you close an additional deal it will pay for the invesment (obviously determined by sale size and profitability). Full disclosure: Yes, I'm a HubSpot partner and a bit bias, but I am also a user of Sales Pro and don't get anything in return for suggesting that. As a user my opinion is that the investment is worth the value.

Best of luck!

Josh Curcio

Philip
Participant

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

thank you josh! i guess i will check sales pro then 😉

0 Upvotes
Josh

Notification Spamming

SOLVE

Great!

As some added advice to make it most worth your time, try to use as many of the features as possible. Here are a couple of my favorites:

• Calling from the CRM (very limited in Free)
  • Email templates (only 5 available in Free, several more to meet other scenarios in Pro)
  • Sequences - these are series of emails that go out to prospects based on customized scenarios. If they respond to one of the emails, you can stop the sequence and start an actual conversation.
  • Documents - You can track opens on proposals you send out, but more importantly where those prospects are spending time on each page of the proposal. <--- love this feature!

Josh

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes