Gmail Sales Extension

audreyjean

Never log entries are not saving

SOLVE

My "never log" entries are not saving, or not visible after saving. When I click on "add contact" the system allows me to enter an email address and then when I click on the "add" button it takes a few moments as though it is saving the entry. When I go back to the main screen, there are no email addresses on the list. I have tried uninstalling the plug-in and reinstalling, but it still doesn't work. Thanks for any help.

I am able to add an email hereI am able to add an email hereAfter adding the screen still looks like thisAfter adding the screen still looks like this

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @audreyjean,

Thanks for the information and additional video and screenshot! 

When you log into your HubSpot do you use your @gmail.com email address or your @realsavvyrealty.com email address? I can see you have two users, and depending on your email set up and which email you're sending emails from/editing the 'never log' settings for, the expected behavior is different.

The expected behavior is that emails you send with the same domain (so from a @gmail.com address to a @gmail.com address) will not log by default. So, if you were sending an email from your gmail address, I would not expect it to log, however for your @realsavvyrealty.com email address, I would expect it to log unless the user's email address is on the 'never log list'. 

If this issue still occurs after adding the email address to the 'never log' section for your @realsavvyrealty.com email address, can you please send along screenshots of what you are seeing in the never log section? 

Thank you, 
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @audreyjean 

Are you adding the never log entries from the settings within your portal or from the extension? If you are adding them from within the CRM,  you can do so across multiple browsers. Can you please try adding the email addresses across different browsers to see if this resolves the issue? 

Additionally, can you please send along screenshots of the what you are seeing before adn after if the issue persists? 

Finally, are all users experiencing this issue? 

The more information, screenshots, and detail you can provide, the better we can advise on next steps. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
audreyjean

SOLVE

Hi Jenny, thanks for your reply. I have tried adding from within the extension and also within the CRM. The result is the same. 

I only use one browser (Chrome), but I just tried it in Firefox and in Microsoft Edge and it doesn't work there either. 

I only have one user (myself).

Finally, please look at my original post above for screen shots. There are two screen shots, one showing where I am entering the email address (successfully) and one of what the main screen looks like before and after (it looks the same before and after). The second screen shot is very small, but it is there. Thanks for your help!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @audreyjean

Thank you for the additional information. 

In regards to screenshots, I am looking for more of a "before/during/after" series of photos (or a video of the whole action). If you could provide that, that would be great. 

Additionally, can you please collect a har file beginning before you put the never log name in and stopping after it disappears. If you can collect the har file from the never log setting within HubSpot (not in your email inbox) that would be great. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
audreyjean

SOLVE

Thanks for your help. I saved the screen recording: here

Also, I have collected the har file, but I don't see a way to attach it to this message. I tried saving it on my Google drive here: here  I hope you can access.

Please advise. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks @audreyjean! In the video you are adding an email address with the same domain as your email address. Recipients with the same email sending domain are blocked by default. Do you experience the same behavior if you add a non gmail address? 

0 Upvotes
audreyjean

SOLVE

Thank you! I tried adding a non-gmail address and it saved! So that explains the issue I was having. However, I checked to see if HubSpot is logging emails for any of my contacts that have gmail addresses and they are definitely being logged. (see attached screen shot) Is there any way to "never log" emails for someone that has a gmail address?  Thanks!HubSpot email.JPG

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @audreyjean

Has this issue of gmail addresses continuing to log occured since you connected your inbox? It looks like you connected in April, so if you have examples of gmail addresses that have logged emails in May/recently, do you mind sending them my way? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
audreyjean

SOLVE

Thank you. I tried sending one today and I noticed something interesting. It appears that the "never log" is saving my (gmail) entries, but not adding them to the viewable list. I tried to sent a test email to my husband (whose gmail address I had tried to add to the "never log" list) and I noticed that the "Log" box is greyed out, and when I hover over the box a message pops up that says "All recipients have been blocked." See video here.

However, I tried sending an email to another email address that I have not previously entered in to the "never log" and the email was automatically loged in my CRM. See screen shot below. Any thoughts about why this is happening? Thanks!Hubspot Email - CRM.PNG

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @audreyjean,

Thanks for the information and additional video and screenshot! 

When you log into your HubSpot do you use your @gmail.com email address or your @realsavvyrealty.com email address? I can see you have two users, and depending on your email set up and which email you're sending emails from/editing the 'never log' settings for, the expected behavior is different.

The expected behavior is that emails you send with the same domain (so from a @gmail.com address to a @gmail.com address) will not log by default. So, if you were sending an email from your gmail address, I would not expect it to log, however for your @realsavvyrealty.com email address, I would expect it to log unless the user's email address is on the 'never log list'. 

If this issue still occurs after adding the email address to the 'never log' section for your @realsavvyrealty.com email address, can you please send along screenshots of what you are seeing in the never log section? 

Thank you, 
Jenny

0 Upvotes
audreyjean

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda

Thank you! That was the issue. I was logging in with my gmail address. When I logged in with my @realsavvyrealty.com email, I was able to add gmail addresses to the "never log". 

Thanks again for all your help. You ROCK!!

0 Upvotes