Gmail Sales Extension

AEGIS1997
メンバー

Logging incoming emails in Hubspot

解決

Hi,  Is it possible to log incoming emails in Hubspot? To be clear these are emails that are not replies to an outgoing email generated and logged in Hubspot. I have linked my gmail account but can't seem to see how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Josh
解決策
名誉エキスパート | Platinum Partner

解決

The best way to do this if the message was originated as a logged message would be to forward that message to the CRM. To do this, forward your email to: YOURHUBID@forward.hubspot.com.

It should associate the conversation with the contact record from the original email.

Hope that helps!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
36件の返信
SSwartz
メンバー

解決

But then how do I authenticate it? I can forward it, but it asks for a code that was sent to the HubID email...

0 いいね!
DianaGomez
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @SSwartz hope you are doing well!

Could you please provide more context? Screenshots and all the details you can to address this behavior correctly? 🙂

Thanks, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 いいね!
JGraham1
メンバー

解決

Hey there! Where would I find the YOURHUBID section of the forwarding email?

0 いいね!
DianaGomez
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @JGraham1 hope you are doing well. 

To find your Hub ID, please check the instructions here:https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Onboarding/where-do-I-find-my-Hub-ID/td-p/647149. 

After this, you can follow @Josh instructions 🙂

Hope this helps, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 いいね!
DSchreiber
参加者

解決

Hi Josh,

it would be usful if there would be a way to log an email without opening it.

With trackers, opening an email is a bit like opening a whatsapp these days.

0 いいね!
KJLUNDE
投稿者

解決

Hi Josh, are there any updates on this request?  I'm told that Hubspot is rolling out improved functionality for their Gmail and Outlook Add-ins.  Every other CRM that I've used gives the user the ability to click a button to link an incoming email to Hubspot.  It's time consuming to re-send every incoming email to log with the YOURHUBID@forward.hubspot.com solution.  I've used multiple other CRM providers, all of which have the ability to simply click boxes next to contacts, companies, deals, etc to link any email (incoming, outgoing, etc).  I'm also told this has been resolved for the Gmail Add-In, but not the Outlook Add-in.  Any timeline available when this basic function will be made available to Outlook users?  Thanks!

TM1104
参加者

解決

What does YOURHUBID mean?! Your hubspot ID?

0 いいね!
Josh

解決

Hi @TM1104,

Yes, your HubSpot ID can be found by clicking on the very top right dropdown on HubSpot where you would access your account and billing, HubSpot Academy, etc. It will also show in the URL when using HubSpot. If you are looking at a dashboard in HubSpot, it will be the only number in the URL string on the page.

Josh 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

KJLUNDE
投稿者

解決

@Josh any updates on when HubSpot will have an actual fix instead of this workaround?  As everyone has posted on this thread/topic for years, this is time consuming and not very user friendly at all.  Like every other CRM in the marketplace, can Hubspot please just add a single click button that allows an email to be logged to Hubspot?

JuwelAK
メンバー

解決

Hey Josh, 

I read you advice and followed it as I am also having the same problem. I have setup my account and can clearly see under EMAIL INTEGRATION that it is connected. I have also set up the forwarding addres in our email server (we use HOSTGATOR) so that every email that comes into my account gets forwarded to myaccount@forward.hubspot.com however, none of my emails are being logged into HUBSPOT. 
Please could you help?
Thanks in advance.
Juwel

leleventuri
メンバー

解決

I'm having exactly the same problem! I'm afraid there's no solution, unfortunately. No way we can possibly handle this case, unless by using external help desk services.

0 いいね!
wpb
参加者

解決

I had the same problem and it took me a bit of sleuthing so solve.

I noticed that in the forwarded email out of Office365 the From: My Name <my_email> and To: Contact Name <contact_email> address was missing the valid email address in the <>, and instead just our generic names were in the From: and To: blocks. I edited the email just before I forwarded it to make sure that valid email addresses were inside of the <> symbols for each line.

Once I did this, I was able to forward past emails that I had sent to contacts without the BCC_Hubspot address to Hubspot and they were correctly assigned to the contact.

I hope this helps.

WPB

0 いいね!
AEGIS1997
メンバー

解決

Thanks for this but the original email was not a logged email.  I just need to log the incoming mail in the first instance.

Josh

解決

@AEGIS1997,

It should still work in the same fashion. I just tested in my portal with a brand new email that came in that wasn't previously tracked (and the contact didn't exist). I used the forward address and it logged that email as well as created the contact for the person that sent me the email.

Is that what you are hoping to do?

Josh Curcio

0 いいね!
jdslay
メンバー

解決

I too have tried to forward emails, after the fact, into my HubSpot account without success. I've tried to forward emails which I've recieved from exisiting contacts and come from their email address which is in the contact record. I've also tried to resend sent messages which I had sent to existing contacts, but had forgotten to bcc my HubSpot email address originally. Neither is working correctly and the emails are not showing on these records. Any idea why? 

I'm sure I am using the correct HubSpot email address for my account, as when I do remember to BCC an outbound email to a contact, they do log.

Thanks,

Josh

Frampol
メンバー

解決

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your advice. I am not able to see the forwarded email (referenced) to Hubspot. I did notice that outlook called up the following address '4066456@bcc.hubspot.com'I tried both. Perhaps they are there in Hubspot but not where I expected them to be - as an addendum to the original email sent in contacts.

Best regards

The Frampol Africa team

0 いいね!