Gmail Sales Extension

operator

Logging OFF Still Creates New Contact

SOLVE

Logging is OFF. Tracking is ON.

Emails to my connected G Suite account from email addresses that do not yet exist in my HubSpot CRM are being added as contacts to the CRM. I have been told about 10 times by "support" that this should not be happening, that with Logging OFF, I this should not have new emails creating contacts in the CRM. Well it is happening. I have been directed to post my issue here. I have tried uninsalling the Chrome App. The issue persisted after reinstalling. How do I fix this?

Note: I require Tracking to be ON as I still need to know when, for instance, a contact opens an email.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
operator
Solution

SOLVE

The problem was fixed by disconnecting my email from within HubSpot. I didn't realise this was even a thing, or if I did, I had forgotten.

So this is no longer an issue. Thank you for offering your help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @operator 

Could you please advise with who did you speak about this issue?

In order hand, you should be able to set your default options for tracking and logging by clicking on the sprocket within Gmail>extension settings. From there you can set and save your defaults. 

Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 14.07.53.png

If you continue to experience issues after that can you please send along screenshots of what you are experiencing? 

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
operator

SOLVE

Hi Sharon.

Thanks for trying to answer, but that is exactly what I have already done. And that is exactly what I said I did in my original post.

I can't really post images of the results as its easier to put into words. As I mentioned in my first post:

1) I turn off logging, just as you suggest

2) I turn on tracking, just as you suggest

3) I still have contacts being created when new emails are received

I think thats a fairly straightforward description of what is happening and am not sure how images would help...

I chatted with Keefe & Bridget.

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @operator 

Thank you for the details. You probably were able to speak with our Coaching team members. Usually, free users have this channel to get Support Emoticono feliz

In order hand, I am going to reach out internally as I will need sensitive information to proceed with the troubleshooting.

Best,

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
operator
Solution

SOLVE

The problem was fixed by disconnecting my email from within HubSpot. I didn't realise this was even a thing, or if I did, I had forgotten.

So this is no longer an issue. Thank you for offering your help.