Gmail Sales Extension

Noss
Membre

Log and Track Turning on Randomly

I'm using the gmail sales extension integrated with my Gsuite account. I want the log and track settings to be off unchecked the boxes within gmail. 

This works for a time, but both log and track seem to randomly turn on from time to time. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.

There are 3 other users on our account, not sure if their behavior could affect things. I'm using a mac, chrome, and in General > Email within Hubspot, inbox automation is turned off.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

17 Réponses
LY
Contributeur

@Noss @DianaGomez @karstenkoehler 

Is anyone else still having this problem? I haven't given an update in a while but the toggle switches have continued to turn back on periodically since last time I commented. It is happening every few days again now. I keep noticing it when emails with several recipients load templates slowly. I notice that happening, I check, and track is turned on again. I turn it off, and a few days later, I'll notice things acting slow again, and the toggle is back on.

0 Votes
LY
Contributeur

Hello - Just wanted to mention the update that I have continued to toggle off the Track feature in the Sales extension for Gmail and it continues to turn itself back on again every few days.

0 Votes
DianaGomez
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hi @LY hope you're doing well!

Just to confirm, have you by any chance tried downloading the extension again?

I think it will work better, but if it doesn't, I suggest you follow these troubleshooting steps.

I hope this will help you, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

LY
Contributeur

@DianaGomez Thanks for the suggestion! I just uninstalled and reinstalled and will watch to see if it stays on the intended setting over the next several days. None of the settings seemed to conflict with the ones recommended, and no conflicting extensions were found.

LY
Contributeur

@DianaGomez Ok, odd update here. After re-installing the plugin, the settings stayed as I wanted them for over a week, which is longer than before. (Log on, Track off). But yesterday and today, when I send an email, the plugin pops open a notice asking if I want it to remember my log and tack settings, and both times the settings it is asking to remember are the opposite of what I entered (log off, track on). So far, both days, I've re-toggled the settings to what I want and clicked the save/remember button. We'll see if it keeps doing this daily or not...

DianaGomez

Hi @LY thanks for letting me know.

Keep me posted 🙂

Best,

Diana

¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

0 Votes
DianaGomez

Hi @LY thank you for letting me know 🙂

Let's keep checking what happen every day because one week worked correctly. 

Thanks, 

Diana

0 Votes
LY
Contributeur

@DianaGomez I think I've identified a pattern in what's happening. The pop-up with the settings opposite from the ones I want keeps appearing after I send emails. I think it might be happening specifically when I send an email to an address on my organization's never-log list. I will have to gather more specific data on that to confirm. And I still don't understand where the info to toggle Track on would be coming from even if it was somehow seeing the never-log as an instruction to turn Log off. This just occurred to me today, so I'll try to gather more data on when it happens in the coming days.

DianaGomez

Hi @LY that's fantastic.

Please keep me posted 🙂

Diana

0 Votes
DianaGomez

Of course @LY  happy to help 🙂

I will be waiting for your reply, I hope you won't experience this behavior again 🙂

Best regards, 

Diana

LY
Contributeur

I also have this problem. I stopped having a use for Track, so I toggle it off, but every few days it is toggled back on again with no pattern I've yet identified. I would like that glitch to be fixed!

This isn't a security issue for me - the tracking notifications just aren't useful right now so they're kind of annoying.

If you are trying to prevent sensitive information from being logged, definitely at least add as many email domains to your never log list as possible since the toggle switch isn't reliable.

Also I bet this is going to end up  having something to do with having the browser delete cookies when it's closed, but I think this setting should be controlled by something more controllable than a cookie.

0 Votes
LY
Contributeur

I also have this problem. I toggle off the Track switch on my Gmail plugin, but every few days it is turned back on again.

0 Votes
Noss
Membre

Here you go: 

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 14.46.54.png

I have private information coming into my inbox that I don't want to share with other users. These switches were turned on again this morning. 

0 Votes
Noss
Membre

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 08.01.19.png

See if this works. It's the log and track switches that keep turning on, seemingly randomly. 

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Hi @Noss,

If these users have have their own login and you're not sharing one user profile within your HubSpot portal, their individual settings do not affect yours.

Just to confirm, you've followed these steps to disable tracking? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/customize-your-hubspot-sales-chrome-extension-default-c...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Votes
Noss
Membre

Yes, that's what I expected, and I did switch off those buttons within
Gmail like in the instructions. See below: [image: Screen Shot 2022-02-27
at 08.31.33.png]

The problem is they keep turning on randomly. I have private information
coming through this address so I'd like a way to keep them off reliably.
0 Votes
karstenkoehler

Hi @Noss,

The screenshot was not included in your reply, could you upload it again right within the thread?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Votes