Gmail Sales Extension

dc-usa
Contributor

Log an email after it is sent

SOLVE

I am using the Gmail integration. I have set the "Log" unchecked by default because I send many non-sales related emails. 

Sometimes, I forget to press "Log" on an email prior to sending. Is there a way to retroactively log that email in Hubspot? 

1 Accepted solution
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

To anyone who comes by this thread,

Please upvote this related feature request in our Ideas Forum and add your feedback there. 

If you have a question related to this functionality, we would like to invite you to create a new thread in our Community. 

Thank you,

Kristen, HubSpot Community Team

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

30 Replies 30
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @bcade,

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

RFischl
Participant

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dc-usa

There sure is - HubSpot gives you a forwarding address as well as a BCC address: Log email in your CRM with the BCC or forwarding address

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
RFischl
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, this does not work. I've posted the same issue to the community here. This issue is trying to log an email that has already been sent, where we are the senders. 

A common scenario where I encounter this is when the HubSpot Gmail extension is not logged in while I'm sending emails. (HubSpot extension is a separate login and is not synced to my Gmail login.) This is a high-frequency event as anytime I need to sign into Gmail again, I also need to manually log into the HubSpot extension again. (e.g., switching between my desktop/laptop/tablet, Chrome updates, restarting my computer, switching between accounts, etc.) Any emails I send while I have yet to log back into the
HubSpot extension are not tracked. 

The only options to resolve this currently require choosing one of the following:
1) Log the email in a multi-step, time-consuming, manual process that leads
to further issues. This is only an acceptable solution when it's an email sent to a limited number of recipients from the same company.
2) Don't track the email at all

3) Resend the email to the customers once signed back into the HubSpot extension; though this is not really an acceptable solution due to the confusion / poor CX for  customers

0 Upvotes
dc-usa
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Phil. So just to be clear: I should go to my "Sent" folder and find the email, and then foward my own email to that address? 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Yep, that's how it should work. 

0 Upvotes
Whodder
Participant

SOLVE

I find that this does not work (at least in Outlook). It appears it only logs a forwarded or BCC'ed email to the main TO or FROM address and since you're are doing this after the email has been sent previously, the intended CONTACT is in the CC field and the email does not get logged to their record. Or am I missing something?

johnwilliamcook
Participant

SOLVE

Same for me.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @johnwilliamcook , @Whodder 

Acutally, it looks like I was mistaken when I replied to @dc-usa  originally. 

The HubSpot forwarding address is for adding an email you have recieved to the timeline - not for logging an email you have sent, after you sent it!

Apologies for the confusion.

jmecom

SOLVE

This "bcc" method isn't working for me for emails sent after the fact. How do I associate an email I ALREADY sent to the contact record?