Gmail Sales Extension

Simon_J
Participant

'Last Activity Date' not updating for emails sent in Gmail

Résolue

Hi, I'm new to Hubspot and it's already proved fantastically useful. However I've run up against an issue.

It's very useful for us to order our deals by most recent activity. As it's not possible to "reply" to emails in the Hubspot interface, I've been responding to clients in the Gmail app. These messages are then pulled through automatically to the Deal page, which is fantastic for keeping track of communication with the client across the team.

However, although this activity is shown on the deal page, it is not updating the Last Activity date so the deal stays down the bottom of the list.

We have a high volume of enquiries few of whom convert, so keeping track of how recently each has been contacted is really important.

Is there a better way to use the system to get the right result, or is this a bug?

Thanks!

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi @Simon_J  At this time the Last Actvity property is only updated when the activity is created in HubSpot. So, while it may be an engineering oversight, it is defintavely not a bug.  

A workaround would be to create a new note each time an email is replied to, thus updating the Last Actvivity property (find out more about the Last Activity property here). A bit of a hassle I know, but it acheives the desrired result. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
Simon_J
Solution
Participant

Résolue

Hi @edjusten

Thanks so much for getting back to me, and apologies if bug was the wrong term to use.

Very happily it look like recent updates, including the ability to reply to emails from within Hubspot and also updates set for release on the 13th will solve this issue for us!

Many thanks once again for your help

Simon

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
5 Réponses
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi @Simon_J  At this time the Last Actvity property is only updated when the activity is created in HubSpot. So, while it may be an engineering oversight, it is defintavely not a bug.  

A workaround would be to create a new note each time an email is replied to, thus updating the Last Actvivity property (find out more about the Last Activity property here). A bit of a hassle I know, but it acheives the desrired result. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Votes
sberry11
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Hi @edjusten - We are having a similar issue. A contact is emailed through the gmail extension, but when we filter for "number of times contacted = 0" these contacts are on the list. Does HS not log a gmail email as a contact?

0 Votes
alimac001
Membre

Résolue

Hi, Ed -- I am also encountering this issue, so I'm glad to have found this post! 

Is it in HubSpot's dev queue to make it such that an email that we log (via forwarding or bcc:ing) into HubSpot can get recognized as a "last contacted"? If it's not yet in the queue, can I (through you) log it as a formal request? (Or is there a place where I can submit this request?) 

The whole purpose of being able to forward and "log" emails from my own email client -- as I understand it -- is to record within HubSpot that this is when I indeed last contacted my prospect. The email DOES get recorded in the contact's "activity."  Fixing it so that the "Last Activity" date updates accordingly would be a much more integreated solution, reflective of what I've actually done (and been able to log within HubSpot).  Otherwise, there's a date disconnect, and we need to do that extra hand-step (which, being human, we're likely to forget).  Further, it creates more "clutter" in the HubSpot record as we need to dobule-enter activity.  Thanks for listening! 

0 Votes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi @alimac001  Sadly, I really don't have much pull when it comes to requesting and implementing feature updates. We do have an Ideas forum for users to post their requests and product improvemnets. The forum is monitored by our devs and product managers, in many cases they will comment and provide feedback (yay or nay) on whether the idea will get implemented. 

With all that said,  can you add this as a post to our ideas forum for further comment?

Thank you.

Ed Justen

0 Votes
Simon_J
Solution
Participant

Résolue

Hi @edjusten

Thanks so much for getting back to me, and apologies if bug was the wrong term to use.

Very happily it look like recent updates, including the ability to reply to emails from within Hubspot and also updates set for release on the 13th will solve this issue for us!

Many thanks once again for your help

Simon

0 Votes