Is there a way to get a notification of a new email with Gmail integration?

New Contributor

We have setup Hubspot and integrated our Gmail email address so that we can send and receive emails to customers via Hubspot.  The emails both inbound and outbound are working fine.  

The issue we are having is when we get a reply from a customer, there is no notification within Hubspot that an email came in.  The email WILL be there, just no badge or counter or alert or highlight or boldface font that lets us know we got the email.  Of course we could tell it came in by logging into Gmail, but it seems there should be some notification within Hubspot to avoid double work.

Thank you

9 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @dparent

I'd suggest creating an idea in our ideas forum for this functionality. 

Thank you, 

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I totally agree. To be able to work with just one tool - in this case Hubspot, there is a need of the notification that you have received an email from the customer. In other case you have to be checking both gmail and Hubspot.

Thanks,

Zuzana

Occasional Contributor

Absolutely agree!

I just need a simple notification that I have received an email from a client.

New Contributor

Hi, 

is there an update on this? From our point of view a notification about new mails from customers is essential. It's both one of the most basic and most important pieces of information a system like HubSpot can provide. For that reason I find it quite aggravating that such a simple feature isn't implemented yet.

Looking forward to some feedback on this.

New Contributor

It blows my mind, that this is not even an option to turn on... I am pretty sure the whole point of inbound or outbound marketing is to get a reply, why would you not notify us when we get that achievement...

Occasional Contributor

I'm just wondering if this kind of notification has been implemented so far? (2019)

It would be absolutely necessary to be able to get a notification when a CRm contact replies.

Occasional Contributor

I am also waiting for this solution! I just submitted the post into the ideas forum. If we get enough votes, Hubspot will consider developing the feature... ?

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Get-email-notifications-inside-HubSpot/idi-p/264480#M...

0 Upvotes
Top Advisor

@ClaudiaV How are your notifications set up? Is your subscription free?

Yes, I am going to the ideas forum to upvote.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Yes. I'm using the free suscription. But I believe paid members have the same issue too..?

0 Upvotes