Gmail Sales Extension

Simon225

Integrating Meeting Calendar with Google Calendar

SOLVE

I use G suite for corporate e-mails and calendars.

I have connected the email with Hub Spot with no issues.

Now, I would like to integrated Hubspot Sales Meetings to my G Suite calendar.  

I am using the configuration wizard, giving the authorization to use it but an error happens.  This happens every time (see attached screenshot).

Take note:

- Imap is emabled in G Suite account (see attached).error connection.pnggsuite - imap.png

error connection.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Simon225,

Connecting your calendar to HubSpot is a single user action, meaning the link and meetings functionality can only exist with one user's log in. When a calendar is connected, HubSpot also needs to create a personal email inbox associated with that user's email address.

Because a shared inbox is used by all users, it is different in nature than an individual inbox connection. Therefore, when HubSpot tries to connect to a calendar that is already associated with the shared inbox, the error exists in that the email address HubSpot is trying to create to a personal inbox with an email address that is already associated with HubSpot in a different capacity.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
RSC_

SOLVE

Hi there,
I have the same question here. We are a small company, we all share the same Gmail and Google Calendar to contact our clients. I have connected the main calendar to Hubspot, but as mentioned above, it automatically created an email inbox associated with the email address. However, we would like the staff to only be allowed to schedule meetings in that same calendar from their personal account in Hubspot. In the same way as we have a shared inbox, where we all have access to see all incoming and outgoing mail from the personal account. 

I can't seem to find any information in regards, so I am not sure if that is possible or I am just looking at the wrong place. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Simon225,

Connecting your calendar to HubSpot is a single user action, meaning the link and meetings functionality can only exist with one user's log in. When a calendar is connected, HubSpot also needs to create a personal email inbox associated with that user's email address.

Because a shared inbox is used by all users, it is different in nature than an individual inbox connection. Therefore, when HubSpot tries to connect to a calendar that is already associated with the shared inbox, the error exists in that the email address HubSpot is trying to create to a personal inbox with an email address that is already associated with HubSpot in a different capacity.

TBriggs

SOLVE

I understand the issue here, but this prompts the question: how do I connect my email account in a way which also allows my calendar to be connected? I'm a single-person team, so I don't want to add a shared inbox anyway, but this seems to be the default. How do I connect my email address AND my calendar?

0 Upvotes