Gmail Sales Extension

peterhsu
Participant

Insert Proposed Times functionality handicap ("only available for CRM contacts")

I've been using the Insert Proposed Times meeting functionality for some time now and absolutely loving it.  One of the key advantages over sending a meeting link is it lets you set a subject line for the meeting that provides context to both parties, as well as restrict the times when someone can schedule (e.g I'm technically availble Tues, but already slammed with meetings so let's force another day).

Recently there's been an incredibly irritating change that says "only available for CRM contacts."  Basically if the person doesn't already exist in my CRM, e.g. if it's a person I've been introduced to or am meeting for the first time, Hubspot won't let me use the "Insert Proposed Times" functionality.  The backdoor is to manually add the person as a contact, but that's an incredibly irritating workflow disruption vs just banging out a good scheduling email and then adding them as they reply.

Any ideas on a workaround?

peterhsu_0-1683503700135.png

6 Replies 6
AmandaAdams
Participant

Insert Proposed Times functionality handicap ("only available for CRM contacts")

Hi! im having the same issue except it's not allowing me to insert meeting times even with some of my contacts that ARE in our CRM. Does anyone have any ideas?

DChiap
Participant

I loved this feature and used it a ton, even championed it internally in my organisation and now it is significantly handicapped. Don't understand why this was changed. 

BruceProck
Contributor

Your Development Team has decreased the functionality on the insert meeting times in the Outlook sales tools; this was a great feature before it went away.

On top of that the functionality you claim to have taken it to is not functioning as you can see from the screenshot where I cannot insert proposed meeting times for someone that is a contact in the CRM.

BruceProck_0-1683819479215.png

Very confusing and definitely a step backward. Please reverse this update to restore this functionality.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @peterhsu,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

The feature to propose meeting times is only available on CRM contacts regardless of subscription level. This feature relies on the actual record in the CRM to create that proposed meeting. My apologies for not being able to offer a workaround there! 

If you would like to share this feedback regarding this recent change, I would encourage you to post it in the ideas forum for our product team to be able to read your feedback and for other community members to show their support by upvoting your product feedback. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
peterhsu
Participant

Thanks Kristen... it's a recent change, so frustrating to see the product team investing engineering resourcdes in decreasing product functionality.

Thull
Participant

@peterhsu did you share your feedback in the ideas forum? 

Completely agree that this decreases functionality, this is going to add hours to my week. Our sales teams are already complaining and pushing harder to move to Salesforce.