Gmail Sales Extension

kumarcagarwal

I want to sync my old emails with Hubspot

SOLVE

Hi,

I recently started using Hubspot. I was able to import all my exisitng contacts to Hubspot. But I also want to sync all existing emails to be synced as well. Is there an easy way to do it?

1 Accepted solution
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @kumarcagarwal HubSpot is unable to track historical emails. But if the recipients of these emails are contacts in your CRM you can log them individually. 

It is possible  manually forward an email to [Your Hub ID]@forward.hubspot.com and the message will be appended to the contact record in the CRM. You can find your Hub ID in the top right-hand corner of your HubSpot account (more information here). 

There are a few things to keep in mind when forwarding replies to the CRM:

• This can only be done on an email by email basis, not in bulk. 
  • Ensure that you are forwarding the individual reply email (avoid forwarding other parts of the email chain). The forwarded message header generated by your email client must be present and in English:

Forward_to_CRM

• Ensure that the email address you are forwarding the email from is a Sales user in the CRM
  • Ensure the contact does not have the same email domain (what comes after the @ in an email address) as the user forwarding the email to the CRM

The forwarded email will appear in the contact's timeline like this:

If the person that had sent you the original email is not present in your HubSpot CRM, forwarding the message will automatically create a contact for you. With this feature, your sales team will no longer need to create all new contacts directly in your HubSpot CRM, nor copy and paste an email message from their email Inbox; the forwarding address handles it all!

Let me know if you have any follow up questions!

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
willgardner

SOLVE

Threads.cloud route works so far. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @kumarcagarwal and everyone,

There is an app on the HubSpot App Marketplace to automatically import historic emails called Threads: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/marketing/data-management/threads

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @kumarcagarwal HubSpot is unable to track historical emails. But if the recipients of these emails are contacts in your CRM you can log them individually. 

It is possible  manually forward an email to [Your Hub ID]@forward.hubspot.com and the message will be appended to the contact record in the CRM. You can find your Hub ID in the top right-hand corner of your HubSpot account (more information here). 

There are a few things to keep in mind when forwarding replies to the CRM:

• This can only be done on an email by email basis, not in bulk. 
  • Ensure that you are forwarding the individual reply email (avoid forwarding other parts of the email chain). The forwarded message header generated by your email client must be present and in English:

Forward_to_CRM

• Ensure that the email address you are forwarding the email from is a Sales user in the CRM
  • Ensure the contact does not have the same email domain (what comes after the @ in an email address) as the user forwarding the email to the CRM

The forwarded email will appear in the contact's timeline like this:

If the person that had sent you the original email is not present in your HubSpot CRM, forwarding the message will automatically create a contact for you. With this feature, your sales team will no longer need to create all new contacts directly in your HubSpot CRM, nor copy and paste an email message from their email Inbox; the forwarding address handles it all!

Let me know if you have any follow up questions!

JBigbee
Participant

SOLVE

This is not a good solution as it logs the email to the date it was forwarded, not the date the email actually occured. Not only that, but it fails to create individual activities for each email AND it includes the forwarding email as the top level email. How does hubspot not have a better solution for this?

FHägele
Participant

SOLVE

"The forwarded message header generated by your email client must be present". This means that no sent emails (sent items) can be imported from Outlook to HubSpot via the forward address.

Furthermore, I noticed that the chronology is lost in the way you described. The email is not stored with the date and time of receipt, but with the date and time of the forward email.

0 Upvotes
coachglenda
Participant

SOLVE

I tried the approach outlined above - and it worked! Thank you!
(Note: I had to go into the specific contact and refresh my screen once or twice in order for it to show up.)

FYI - it also added a new contact to my HubSpot database with the [######]@forward.hubspot.com email address - which led me to think at first that it hadn't worked

0 Upvotes
JanMol

SOLVE

Hi

I have tried this, but cant get it to work when doing as described.. any hits?

0 Upvotes
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi,

We have an automated solution that can help you with this if you are still having issues. Feel free to drop me a line at sales@threads.cloud

0 Upvotes
davebeller

SOLVE

This solution only will help if contacts are already in the Hubspot database, correct?

0 Upvotes
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

That's right. Our solution only migrates historic emails into HubSpot where there is an existing contact already created. The reason for this is that most inboxes contain lots of emails that you wouldn't necessraily want logged in your CRM (e.g. circulars or spam emails). We therefore suggest that prior to performing the migration that you import your contacts from your address book or a .csv file. There are also other tools you can use to import your contacts (e.g. PieSync). Hope this helps!  

0 Upvotes
willgardner

SOLVE

Is threads gone? I can't find the page in Marketplace any more. I can see it in the search results, just no page to install. 😞

0 Upvotes
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

It's still on the marketplace here:

https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/marketing/data-management/threads

Or you can go to the threads.cloud website and go to Try for Free

0 Upvotes
willgardner

SOLVE

When I click the link it requires me to login even though I'm already logged in. I clicked to reset my password and log back in and click the link again. Still goes to login screen and I try to login with the new (same) password I just logged in as and gives me an error (all while I am still logged in to the rest of hubspot). Do I have to have a certain subscription? I am just using the free starter for now....

0 Upvotes
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Sorry - just realised I posted the wrong link.  I have now edited this. 

https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/marketing/data-management/threads

0 Upvotes