I can't connect my Hubspot to my Gmail account

New Contributor

Hi! 

I am having a lot of trouble with my hubspot as I can't track or log any of my emails on Gmail. I have searched all over Google and on the Hubspot Help pages and I have pretty much tried everything there is and my account still won't connect. My boss uses Hubspot on Chrome and on a Mac (same as me) and he's having no trouble at the moment. He did mention that he did have trouble in the past but it was fixed very easily. There have been the rare occurances where after resetting the extension over 10 times or logging out in various ways, my gmail account suddenly recconects and the send button turns orange and I can track again but this solution has seemed to stop working now. 

I have reinstalled my hubspot extension / reset the extension

Logged out and in on hubspot website

Logged in using extension

Used email integration to add my email address

Checked Gmail settings - All mail show in IMAP

Cleared cache

Found an article with a reset link - https://app.getsidekick.com/restart

Checked hubspot account settings

There was one time when I logged in, Hupspot asked me to make my account name (under Account Defaults) and it started working again for a short while 

Under Hubspot extension settings I resynced and changed the account. Both didn't work

Is there a step / solution that I have missed? Please let me know if there is any other way to reconnect my Hubspot to my Gmail account! I'd really appreciate it!

Ryan

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @RyanCampbell thanks for posting with such detail. Given all the steps you've taken here, I took a look on the backend and I was able to see that there have been tracked emails sent from your account, as well as some open notifications both received in the past few days. Are you having this issue still? Are you using multiple computers to connect Hubspot sales and Gmail? If you have an screenshots of your Email Integration settings in HubSpot as well as the Compose window in Gmail, that would help add some insight. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi @nicolebrenner

Sorry for the late reply! Yes I have managed to track my emails a few times after I made the first post but as you can see from the screenshots, I am still having issues trying to connect to Hubspot with Gmail. Sometimes it randomly works but mostly it doens't. 

Just a quick update on what I noticed! So at work we use a hotspot for our internet (wifi costs a bomb in this office) and Hubspot has worked fine up until now. I took my laptop home and Hubspot started working instantly on my home wifi with no problems. I even tested it on my desktop at home and that worked fine too. But today back in the office I'm having trouble connecting again. So I'm wondering if there is a problem with the connection at work? Although every other website works fine so I'm not sure if that is the reason? 

I have attached a couple of screenshots below for you! 

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.04.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.05.34 PM.png 

0 Upvotes

Hi! I am having the same problem and have tried all of the steps listed above. I have also checked within Google in the security settings and it says that Hubspot is allowed access. However, my emails are not being tracked and I do not have the customized compose box (with orange buttons etc.) that should be activated with Hubspot. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @AmyTrieger,

Can you please begin by going through the steps outlined here?

If you are still stuck after that, can you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end, confirm your Chrome browser, and confirm that the issue occurs with all other extensions disabled?

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi!

I am having the same trouble as the above thread from a year ago. I just started my account today and can't seem to get my gmail attached to Hubspot.

I download chrome and the extension but when it tries to like I get denied.

Thoughts?

0 Upvotes