Gmail Sales Extension

seanconnaughton
Participant

I am getting notifications from an email address not linked to this Hubspot Account

SOLVE

For some reason I am getting notifications of emails being opened that have been sent from a gmail account not linked to my Hubspot account.

Any suggestions how I can stop this? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

I am getting notifications from an email address not linked to this Hubspot Account

SOLVE

Hi @seanconnaughton,

Deleting the extension from Chrome will remove the options from your Gmail inbox, which should prevent the emails from tracking and being associated with your activity feed.

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hey @seanconnaughton 

If you're on a paid plan then I'd click on the help button in the bottom right of your portal and chat to Support.

If you're on the Free CRM then I'd ask @jennysowyrda for help!

-Mike

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for the ping @Mike_Eastwood!

@seanconnaughton is the email that you are seeing the tracking associated with sent from the same browser/environment as the inbox that is connected? 

For example, if you have two gmail inboxes that are in the same chrome browser, the track and log options will show up for both inboxes. 

If you're seeing something different than what I am outlining above, please let me know! If you can share screenshots as well, that would be great!

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
seanconnaughton
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda

This hubspot account is linked to my business email address on Office 365 and emails are sent from the outlook for mac app. I have a gmail account opened in chrome on the same mac and that is the email address that I am receiving notifications for.

In the screenshot the outlined notifications are from the gmail account outlined at the top. As you can see at the bottom the outlook app that is linked to hubspot.

2019-03-12_08-32-55.jpg

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @seanconnaughton,

If you are logged in with the same credentials in your Chrome extension as with your O365 extension, then the tracking and logging options will populate in your gmail as well. If the email is tracked, then it will show up in the Activity Feed.

If you have a specific example of an email sent from Gmail that was not tracked (track box unchecked and no tracking pixel in the email) that is showing in the Activity Feed, can you send along screenshots and email headers for that example? I am happy to investigate this further with you!

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
seanconnaughton
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda

It is different login credentials, both username & password. I also never check any tracking or logging tickboxes when sending an email from the gmail account.

Wary of posting screenshots on an open forum as they will contain sensitive information.

Cheers

Sean 

0 Upvotes
seanconnaughton
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda

If I am not using the Hubspot extension on Chrome would I be best just deleting the extension?

Cheers

Sean 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @seanconnaughton,

Deleting the extension from Chrome will remove the options from your Gmail inbox, which should prevent the emails from tracking and being associated with your activity feed.

Thanks,
Jenny