Hubspot occasionally marking my Gmail messages as 'read'

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi all. I'm finding that occasionally, Hubspot is marking my Gmail messages as 'read'. I have checked to ensure that no other app or device is accessing my account and have found that only Hubspot has access. This happened last night, for example, around 6 am, before I was awake. The e-mail could not have been marked 'read' by any Gmail filter I've set up, and the sender was not even one whose address I have in Hubspot. Does anyone know how I can prevent this from happening? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @robinwyatt ,

Let's take a look! To start, is this Gmail address connected as a Personal or Shared inbox? If its a Shared inbox, its possible that a colleague opened the email, which would have marked it as "Read" in Gmail. This is just a though, so let me know if this checks out on your end!

Kevin Campbell
HubSpot Community Team

0 Upvotes
New Contributor
Hi Kevin. Unfortunately, it’s not a shared inbox. Sorry that didn’t turn out to be the solution!
0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @robinwyatt,

There are no settings within HubSpot that should cause HubSpot to mark your Gmail emails as read. My first recommendation would be to uninstall the HubSpot extension to confirm the issue resolves after that.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thanks, Jenny. I'm trying that now. 

This morning, I logged into my Gmail inbox to find that three new e-mails that had arrived overnight had already been read (or marked as such). The only IP to have accessed my account since I was last online was 54.174.53.179 at 9:08 pm EST. Checking whois.com, I verified that this was again Hubspot.

Warm wishes,

Robin

0 Upvotes