Gmail Sales Extension

vhcnyc
Participant

Hubspot extension for Gmail is showing wrong email

SOLVE

Hi, would really appreciate help with an issue I'm having with the HubSpot extension on Gmail:

1. We only have 1 user on our HubSpot account, which is connected to our 1 Gmail account that has multiple aliases.
  2. I originally created the first HubSpot user account using our general email alias, info@. 
  3. Then, I deleted that account and created a new HubSpot user account using thuy@ (the actual Gmail email, not the alias). We still only have 1 HubSpot user.
  4. Originally, the HubSpot extension connected on Gmail used the info@ email alias. However, I want the HubSpot extension to connect to thuy@ now that I've created the new HubSpot user account.
  5. My issue is that no matter what I tried to do, I can't seem to reconnect the Hubspot extension to Gmail with the correct credentials. What's more, the extension no longer seems to connect to the HubSpot portal. See below:

Capture.PNG

However, the new email we are using, thuy@, shows that it's connected on the backend. So there's a discrepancy between what I'm seeing in Gmail and what I'm seeing in HubSpot.

Capture1.PNG

Solutions I've tried:

• Clear cache
  • Disable other extensions
  • Reinstall HubSpot extension
  • Make sure that new user thuy@ is connected to correct HubSpot Sales ID
  • Refresh HubSpot extension multiple times
  • Disable ad blockers etc. and enable cookies etc. 

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @vhcnyc thanks for posting! This is indeed odd, as I am seeing your email address and portal as successfully connected on our end. 

In troubleshooting this further, would you mind performing the following steps:

- Pick the right portal for your Gmail extension by following the instructions here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/account/how-to-connect-hubspot-sales-with-hubspot...

- Click on this link: app.getsidekick.com

- Restart your Chrome browser

- Go back to Gmail and see if the portal shows up as connected

If the issue persists after this, please record a screencast of yourself performing these same steps and send them to me via PM, and I will troubleshoot further!

Thanks very much,

May

View solution in original post

MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @vhcnyc I'm glad that that worked! In terms of the email not logging, there are a few conditions that need to be met for an email to be successfully logged in the CRM. An email might not be logged:

• If the email address sending the email doesn't match a user from the portal ID.
  • If the email is sent to a colleague email address which has the same email sending domain.
  • If a forwarded email is missing the forwarding information.

You can learn more about the proper setup for email logging in this article. If you are meeting all of these conditions but your emails still are not logging, could you check that the BCC address does appear in the email in your "sent" folder? Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @vhcnyc thanks for posting! This is indeed odd, as I am seeing your email address and portal as successfully connected on our end. 

In troubleshooting this further, would you mind performing the following steps:

- Pick the right portal for your Gmail extension by following the instructions here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/account/how-to-connect-hubspot-sales-with-hubspot...

- Click on this link: app.getsidekick.com

- Restart your Chrome browser

- Go back to Gmail and see if the portal shows up as connected

If the issue persists after this, please record a screencast of yourself performing these same steps and send them to me via PM, and I will troubleshoot further!

Thanks very much,

May

vhcnyc
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, thanks so much for your help! The good news it that by following your instructions, I was able to resolve the initial issue I had - all the emails are matching up now, and my Gmail says that the portal is connected. 

I sent a test email to myself to make sure that messages would get tracked in the Sales/CRM portals. Upon responding from my personal email, I went back into the CRM to check my contact card and I didn't see my response logged anywhere. Can you tell me what went wrong? Do I need to wait longer for it to show up?

Here's where I was looking for the email log, under my contact name:Capture234234.PNG

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @vhcnyc I'm glad that that worked! In terms of the email not logging, there are a few conditions that need to be met for an email to be successfully logged in the CRM. An email might not be logged:

• If the email address sending the email doesn't match a user from the portal ID.
  • If the email is sent to a colleague email address which has the same email sending domain.
  • If a forwarded email is missing the forwarding information.

You can learn more about the proper setup for email logging in this article. If you are meeting all of these conditions but your emails still are not logging, could you check that the BCC address does appear in the email in your "sent" folder? Thank you!

0 Upvotes
vhcnyc
Participant

SOLVE

Oops, turns out I just needed to check the 'Log in CRM' checkbox in Gmail - sorry about that. I thought that the 'Track email' button at the bottom would suffice for both. 

Thank you SO much for your help! So excited to start unleashing the power of HubSpot! 🙂