Gmail Sales Extension

NGC-224
Top Contributor

HubSpot not logging my email

SOLVE

Hello,

For a week I have been troubleshooting this problem - emails are not logged.

Chrome extension is installed and shows up on my browser.

In Gmail, I do not see any of the boxes to check, e.g. the "log" box.

(I saw it once for a brief time, but then it went away again)

I am not logged into Google Chrome - but nowhere is a mention you have to do this.

NO email sent or receive is being logged.

When I send an email through HubSpot, it shows up in gmail. So downstream HubSpot-gmail works. But upstream Gmail to Hubspot does not work.

I have installed as many Chrome extensions as possible, and only have five others left to minimize problems.

I disabled the "do not track" feature of Chrome.

So, do I have to log into Chrome for this to work? 

Update by HubSpot Community Team on 8/2/23

We have turned off new replies for this thread as an email logging issue in Chrome can be due to a variety of factors. 

If you are running into a similar issue, we would encourage you to reach out to our Technical Support team if you have a paid HubSpot subscription or create a new post on the Gmail Sales Extension board

Please be sure to include details on the issue you are running into, troubleshooting steps you have taken so far and screenshots (without sharing personal information). 

Thank you,

The HubSpot Community Team

3 Accepted solutions
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @NGC-224 I apologize that you are having a hard time integrating your email. Our records indicate that you are connected via IMAP. This would explain why gmail-hubspot integration is not happening. 

If you are using Gmail via Chrome, you will need to use the Chrome extension, and connect your inbox via the Chrome extension. Instructions for installing Sales via the Chrome extension are here.  Instructions for connecting your inbox are located here

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @NGC-224 

Refering to the following statement: 

Inbox is connected through IMAP.

Hubspot extension was installed and showed on Chrome.

Are you using your gmail address through Apple Mail? If so, tracking and logging will not work. You will need to create your messages through Gmail in Chrome in order for logging to work correctly and for the tracking pixel to be added to the message. 

The IMAP connection was created for users who do not have a corporate Gmail or Outlook 365 address for use with web-based or other non-outlook email clients. If you have a Gmail address, you should be send and receiving through Chrome.  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @NGC-224 Happy to hear you have the email confuguaration figured out. Regarding the iPhone app, it's true that the app does not have the full functionality of the desktop site; it's also true that it will never have full functionality, as it's impossible to build full functionality in the limited enviornemnt of the iPhone (or Android) SDK. 

We do have a full team of devs working the app, and new functionalities are always on the roadmap. If the current functionality fits your needs, you should work it into your workflow; at the very minimum you'll have mobile access to your contacts/companies/deals.  

The desktop version through the Chrome iPhone app is doable, but not the best experience. The Chrome extension however, is not functional on the iPhone browser. To send a tracked email from your phone, you'll need to send from the app.  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Upvotes
18 Replies 18
VGrigorov

SOLVE

Hey there, 

I am having issues with finding the logged emails under my contact's profiles. In my 'Sent' folder in gmail I see that it's been logged & tracked but then at the same time, there is no evidence of that email in my HubSpot interface. Please help me as soon as you can to resolve that issue of mine. I checked the verified email of mine - it is synced and correct. I really do not know what is the reason.

Many thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @VGrigorov 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Can you check in your Filters at the top of the timeline if the "Emails" box is checked? That could be the reason why the emails are not appearing. 

If the box is checked, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and examples about this. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Branikita
Participant

SOLVE

Hello, I use gmail email account, I don't see any incoming emails. Please solve the issue. I contacted a manager Cemeron into the, chat, she just wasted my time and didn't create a ticket:

Thanks for chatting!
Here's your chat transcript from https://app.hubspot.com/help-widget-v2/4060248/isc-chat

What can I help you with today?
4:35 AM
Choose an option below.
4:35 AM
Ask a question

You4:35 AM
Great – what's your question? I'll send resources or connect you with the right person.
HubBot4:35 AM
Hello
Okay. Let me see if someone's available to help you.
Great — someone is on their way now. They’ll send you a message when they get here. Thanks for your patience.
hi
Cameron4:35 AM
Hubspot doesn't show incoming email
I've already installed hubspot chrome extension
You4:36 AM
It doesn't help
You4:36 AM
hubspot doesn't have a traditional inbox function -- rather, you can log outgoing messages into the crm, and responses to those messages will automatically be logged on the contact record of the recipient
Cameron4:37 AM
I meant I don't see replies
You4:39 AM
ok when you are logged into gmail in chrome is the hubspot icon gray or orange?
Cameron4:39 AM

31afbd6a48.jpg

209KB

You4:40 AM
Orange
You4:41 AM
ok perfect - and when you open an email compost box, is the "log" box checked?
Cameron4:41 AM
What do you mean by "compost" ?
You4:42 AM
sorry, I meant compose
Cameron4:43 AM
when you click to create a new email
Cameron4:43 AM

3f6c2319b5.jpg

92.7KB

You4:44 AM
ok good -- so to confirm -- are you seeing your outgoing mails on the contact records?
Cameron4:47 AM
Yes, I see
You4:48 AM
I don't see only incoming email
You4:49 AM
s
You4:49 AM
did the person respond on the same thread?
Cameron4:50 AM
are you still with me?
Cameron5:01 AM
Yes, he respond to the same thread]
You5:01 AM
It's a common mistake for a most of messages
You5:02 AM
You don't want to create a ticket?
You5:02 AM
I need to answer too many questions
You5:03 AM
before creating a ticket I need to understand what may be causing the issue and try to troubleshoot because we can only raise tickets for new issues
Cameron5:04 AM
If you would prefer to work directly with our tech team, you can make a post here where they can respond: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Gmail-Sales-Extension/Chrome-Extension-not-working/td-p/3832
Cameron5:05 AM
I see
You5:05 AM
Please create a ticket
You5:06 AM
As I mentioned, we cannot create a ticket until reviewing all troubleshooting steps
Cameron5:06 AM
the next step would be to confirm that your email is properly connected in hubspot. -- can you check settings > integrations > email integrations to see if your email address is listed there?
Cameron5:07 AM
ok
You5:08 AM

154e8f7cb5.jpg

168.4KB

You5:10 AM
What's the next?
You5:10 AM
ok that looks correct. Have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension?
Cameron5:13 AM
Екшув
You5:14 AM
Tried
You5:14 AM
Could you send me the whole list of your questions?
You5:15 AM
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/log-email-replies-in-the-crm
Cameron5:18 AM
The original email was sent through the CRM or sent from your connected inbox's email client with the Log checkbox selected. A connected inbox is required in order to send emails from the CRM. true
You5:19 AM
The original email was not sent to an email address or domain listed in your Never Log list. true
The inbox is still connected when the reply is received. true
The reply is sent to an inbox connected by the user who originally started the thread. true
You5:20 AM
The sender of the reply is an existing contact in HubSpot. true
Please create a ticket
ok the best way to have a ticket submitted is to create a post detailing these steps you've taken and post here -- this is where our tech team will review and generate a ticket: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Gmail-Sales-Extension/HubSpot-not-logging-my-email/td-p/186652
Cameron5:23 AM
I'll go ahead and close this chat for now. Feel free to reach out to us again, leverage the self-service resources of the Knowledge Base, the video courses in the HubSpot Academy, or our one-to-many support in the HubSpot Community with any additional questions. Have a great rest of your day!

This is that lazy woman:
Lazy Cameron

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @NGC-224 I apologize that you are having a hard time integrating your email. Our records indicate that you are connected via IMAP. This would explain why gmail-hubspot integration is not happening. 

If you are using Gmail via Chrome, you will need to use the Chrome extension, and connect your inbox via the Chrome extension. Instructions for installing Sales via the Chrome extension are here.  Instructions for connecting your inbox are located here

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Upvotes
NGC-224
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hello Ed,

Thank you for your reply.

Just in case, I deleted the HubSpot chrome extension and downloaded it again, this time through the HubSpot extensions tab in "Settings"

I also clicked resync twice.

It still does not work.

The HubSpot extension does not connect to my HubSpot account, and it does not connect to my Gmail.

Only email sent from HubSpot gets logged. No email I receive gets logged.

The Chrome extension does not show up in Gmail. (Only once, for about an hour, I could see that extension, with the checkboxes for "log" . next time I opened it, it was gone)

0 Upvotes
NGC-224
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hello Ed,

I clicked a link in the HubSpot extension. It opened my gmail with some instructions, and then I could see the Extension again. Looks like you need to activate the HubSpot extension - but this instruction was nowhere in the info files.

Email sent from Apple Mail does not get logged.

Email RECEIVED still does NOT get logged at all. 

So I still cannot use HubSpot to communicate with my customers.

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @NGC-224 

Refering to the following statement: 

Are you using your gmail address through Apple Mail? If so, tracking and logging will not work. You will need to create your messages through Gmail in Chrome in order for logging to work correctly and for the tracking pixel to be added to the message. 

The IMAP connection was created for users who do not have a corporate Gmail or Outlook 365 address for use with web-based or other non-outlook email clients. If you have a Gmail address, you should be send and receiving through Chrome.  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Upvotes
nikhil
Participant

SOLVE

Does this mean if I am using a email client such as Mailplane then my emails won't be logged inside Hubspot? I am not so fussed about the tracking of opens etc. but the logging is essential for me and Mailplane is a very useful tool so wouldn't want to get rid of it.

ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Our integration might be able to help auto log your emails in HubSpot as it works with most email clients. You can find us on the HubSpot App Marketplace

0 Upvotes
NGC-224
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you, Ed.

I noticed sending through HubSpot works best.

I see that when I open Gmail on Chrome all the boxes are there. 

Emails I receive on my gmail address don't automatically go to HubSpot - which is good, I guess, as I don't need all those emails from modeling agencies logged.

I'm still figuring out a workflow for me as I'm new to CRM. I think emailing straight out of HubSpot where you have immediate control to set up tasks is maybe what I'll do. I'm no fan of the gmail interface - I like the email interface in HubSpot better.

So this problem has been solved, thank you. I'll mark it solved later - because I have one more question in regards to email logging - on the iPhone. 

Question:

I checked out the mobile app, and people report problems. In appstore reviews they mention it's not working as well as the desktop version. 

Tracking emails, and maybe phone calls would be great. 

Should I wait with doing HubSpot on my iPhone? 

Or should I try to run the desktop version through the chrome browser there? (but is there a chrome sales extension for the ios chrome browser?) 

I would appreciate a heads-up on how to complete my data ecosystem.  

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @NGC-224 Happy to hear you have the email confuguaration figured out. Regarding the iPhone app, it's true that the app does not have the full functionality of the desktop site; it's also true that it will never have full functionality, as it's impossible to build full functionality in the limited enviornemnt of the iPhone (or Android) SDK. 

We do have a full team of devs working the app, and new functionalities are always on the roadmap. If the current functionality fits your needs, you should work it into your workflow; at the very minimum you'll have mobile access to your contacts/companies/deals.  

The desktop version through the Chrome iPhone app is doable, but not the best experience. The Chrome extension however, is not functional on the iPhone browser. To send a tracked email from your phone, you'll need to send from the app.  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Upvotes
NGC-224
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you, Ed.

I see it's not the same functionality as the website, but that's OK. I guess it's best to get into CRM over time and develop one's personal workflow, not create a masterplan to do everything at once.

I'll check out the App - and I see that for email and phone and looking up some info it will work. 

0 Upvotes
NGC-224
Top Contributor

SOLVE

(deleted double posting because of system error)

0 Upvotes
NGC-224
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I logged into Chrome - this didn't help.

Email integration just doesn't work.

I need email integration for the way I work. I prefer to stay with HubSpot, but if email integration does not work in this CRM, I have to look for other options like Zoho.

I don't get it that you don't get any help and any customer service on HubSpot. I mean the free version is just the intro. How should I ever go to the paid version if such a key thing like email integration does not work?

And I'm not the only one who has this problem.

HubSpot deeply disappoints and after over one week of wrestling I am ready to give up on this CRM - it just doesn't work.

VMets

SOLVE

Did this ever get fixed? 2023 and STILL NOT WORKING

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @VMets,

I apologize for any data or business impact this has caused. 

I would recommend following the steps in this knowledge base article to troubleshoot the HubSpot Sales Extension for Gmail. 

If this issue continues after trying out those troubleshooting steps, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
NGC-224
Top Contributor

SOLVE

(deleted)

0 Upvotes
toncinap
Participant

SOLVE

I am having a very similar issue with the Outlook sidekick.