Gmail Sales Extension

AKnabe
Participant

HubSpot Sales Chrome Extension Malware: Redirecting to searchvalidation.com

Résolue

Hello,

I installed the HubSpot Sales extension for Chrome yesterday. Since that time, searches in google are getting redirected to searchvalidation.com

I'd say that the extension is the most likely culprit for this, I haven't installed anything else in the meantime.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Kind regards,

Allan.

1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @AKnabe,

I haven't experienced this with the HubSpot extension – which isn't to say that it's not a possible explanation.

Other Chrome users have experienced this as well, for some it was indeed a Chrome extension, namely a video downloader. I'd recommend switching your Chrome extensions off, testing search and then enabling extensions again one by one.

After doing a bit of research, this could also be malware, see this tutorial on removing the searchvalidation.com redirect.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

5 Réponses
HHills
Participant

Résolue

It's a bug that hopefully will be fixed soon. The worst part is such situations often happen, thus not letting the users utterly benefit from the HubSpot sales chrome extension. New users should accept the fact that bugs are often encountered in the HubSpot community. An alternative would be the LinkedIn sales navigator chrome extension for expanding target audience and data strategies. In addition, this linkedin extension is a perfect tool for sales teams, managers, team leads, accountants, and sales strategists.

0 Votes
AKnabe
Participant

Résolue

Yes, it pops up around once a month, when I disable the HubSpot extension it stops happening. I haven't re-enabled it since the last time...

0 Votes
AKnabe
Participant

Résolue

Thanks for the reply Karsten!

My antivirus software hasn't been able to find any threats, I'm pretty sure it's due to a Chrome extension.

I disabled the HubSpot extension and restarted Chrome and haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

I have now reactivated the extension and will see if the problem persists.

Kind regards,

Allan.

0 Votes
karstenkoehler

Résolue

Hi @AKnabe,

Thanks for the update. If you notice that it's resolved by checking extensions, you can help others find this information by accepting my earlier post as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @AKnabe,

I haven't experienced this with the HubSpot extension – which isn't to say that it's not a possible explanation.

Other Chrome users have experienced this as well, for some it was indeed a Chrome extension, namely a video downloader. I'd recommend switching your Chrome extensions off, testing search and then enabling extensions again one by one.

After doing a bit of research, this could also be malware, see this tutorial on removing the searchvalidation.com redirect.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler