Gmail Sales Extension

Anonymous
Not applicable

HubSpot Gmail extension not working on newest Brave browser

SOLVE

Hello,

I'd like to report that HubSpot Gmail extension not working on newest version of Brave browser. In my Gmail I can just see button to reload Gmail and info "Sorry. It looks like your browser settings are blocking HubSpot Sales.". I check it also with clean, new installation of Brave browser with disabled any blockers at Gmail and Hubspot pages.

1 Accepted solution
Dave_K
Solution

SOLVE

Most Chrome plugins work directly in Brave in my experience, but it's Brave's more aggressive privacy settings that cause the issue. (Which is why we're all using Brave anyway.) I was able to get it working by doing the following... 

In Brave if you head over to Settings->Advanced->Privacy and Security->Site Sttings->Cookies and site Data->Allow and add static.hsappstatic.net to the allowed cookies the plugin begins to work. 

Just keep in mind this will now allow HubSpot bypass privacy settings with requests from that site. Not sure if it works 100% yet, but I was able to get it to sign in and connect to my Inbox after doing this. It is reporting some trackers are being blocked, not sure if I'll have to enable those or not, but you can see those in the Shields Up area. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Dave_K
Solution

SOLVE

Most Chrome plugins work directly in Brave in my experience, but it's Brave's more aggressive privacy settings that cause the issue. (Which is why we're all using Brave anyway.) I was able to get it working by doing the following... 

In Brave if you head over to Settings->Advanced->Privacy and Security->Site Sttings->Cookies and site Data->Allow and add static.hsappstatic.net to the allowed cookies the plugin begins to work. 

Just keep in mind this will now allow HubSpot bypass privacy settings with requests from that site. Not sure if it works 100% yet, but I was able to get it to sign in and connect to my Inbox after doing this. It is reporting some trackers are being blocked, not sure if I'll have to enable those or not, but you can see those in the Shields Up area. 

GraehamF
Participant

SOLVE

Update from August 2023, Brave v1.56.20

Brave settings > Privacy and security > Cookies and other site data > Sites that can always use cookies > [*.]hubspot.com

This solved my issue of getting a blank modal when trying to insert suggested meeting times.

0 Upvotes
itrn

SOLVE

hey! I just tried this, and it seems to be no longer working. Do you maybe have any newer solution? Cheers!

0 Upvotes
Jericho

SOLVE

Do you have a suggestion on how to get templates available with Brave? I used your suggestion and I can now get the template file to come up but it's totally blank. 

0 Upvotes
icerda
Participant

SOLVE

It works!.

Additionaly if you would like to use HubSpot Templates from gmail extension, you can

1.- Click on the Lion in the search bar

2.- Change the setting from Cross-site cookies blocked to All cookies allowed

GraehamF
Participant

SOLVE

While this solves the problem, be mindful that it also reduces privacy while browsing other sites.

0 Upvotes
Hubspotter
Participant

SOLVE

Worked like a charm. Life saver

static.hsappstatic.net

0 Upvotes
gerrykirk
Participant

SOLVE

Perfect! This solved my problem too. Thanks so much!

0 Upvotes
ed_glover

SOLVE

Hi, just want to say that this fixed the problem for me too. Thanks very much.