How to stop tracking Email Opens

I have one E-mail thread blowing my whole allotment, getting spammed with opned email notifications as 3-4 people have consersations day after day in the same thread I tracked weeks ago.

Is it possible to stop tracking that thread without removing myself from the CC?

I'm reffering to emails being tracked using the Gmail Extension for hubspot sales. Free version.

11 Replies 11
Resident Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @Homade,

Unfortunately I am not aware of a way to do that. You can mute a thread so it stops notifying you, but it's still technically tracking the email (as far as I am aware).

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

How does one mute a thread?  I see it mentioned several places (like here), but no instructions on how to do it.

Occasional Contributor

Yes how does one mute a thread? I'm searching for this as well!

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@jmax @indieweb  

I was able to investigate more and currently it's not possible to mute specific email threads for emails that were previously sent.

I found a similar idea raised by our community here 

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

New Contributor

@PamCotton  I see that muting email tracking on specific emails is no longer available, I've searched through all the community posts with no answers as this was a very useful feature. Since this is no longer available, is there a way to completely clear all of your email tracking and start from scratch? In the beginning I was tracking all emails so it tracks opens for emails that I don't care about and don't need to see. It also tracks if anyone visits our company website. So after 2 months my tracking is almost up to 800 opens and at this point is useless. My company just stopped using Hubspot after years so at this point I don't have any recourse, even though I've pleaded to at least add back the email tracking feature for full use. So,

1) Is there a way to completely clear out all emails that have ever been tracked and start from scratch?  This way I can only select important emails to track moving forward. 

2) Is there a way to turn off other activity feeds such as when someone visits our website? This way it won't take up all of my number of notifications. 

Please advise and thanks for the assistance. I really like hubspot but I never received over 300 notifications when using hubspot in the past, I'm now at 800, so it's rendering its self useless unless I can do something. 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hey @mvining 

1: It is not possible at the moment, 

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

2: You are able to choose the option "Never Log: 

Emails sent to addresses you define will never be saved to your CRM, even if the log setting is enabled.
Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 5.01.20 PM.png

Settings > Integrations > Email integrations > Log and track 

I hope this helps.
Pam

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Me too! There is an email recipient of mine that obsessively opens my email 10 times a week (at least) so I receive read receipts 10 times a week as a result. It's super disruptive and luckily it's just this one person. What if more recipients behaved this way? This is a critical fix that Hubspot needs to get on.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hello @mohamedparham 

I would suggest also to never log the emails that have been tracked multiple times as my previous reply on this thread.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor
Thanks, Pam 🌞. That's what I ended up doing for the person I was getting Read Notifications from but I was still getting the notifications until a week ago. Now it's stopped and I don't know whether it's because of the Never Log feature or whether the person stopped opening my Tracked Email. Previously, I blocked the persons email address on my email app too but that just meant stopping the person from emailing me. I'd still get Read Notifications.
0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hello @mohamedparham 

Thank you for letting us know that stopped, I believe the never-log should work moving forward, but otherwise, if you still getting the notifications, could you please let us know and we can continue investigating.

Thank you,

Pam

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor
Thank you 🙏🏽