Gmail Sales Extension

DANYG

How to prevent subscribers to become Contacts?

Hi,

I'm running a Facebook Campaign which correctly exports the collected leads to Hubspot: Saving them as Contacts and marking them as Leads. 

And  I connected my Gmail account to Hubspot so I can respond to these leads. Perfect

But that created a problem: all inbound emails are creating contacts and marking them as "subscribers"... This way the inbox is full of garbage.

I just wanted the gmail integration to contain conversation (when I start them inside Hubspot) related to the lead/sales/etc .... Nothing else...

SO: How can I prevent all these incoming emails to create contacts and mark them as subscribers ?

Any help?

TIA

Dany

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

Hi @DANYG - this article might help 😊

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DANYG 

I understand you're using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension with Gmail and that contacts get created in HubSpot when you send emails from Gmail, correct? 

To avoid that, you should make sure that you do not log the emails when you send them. For that you can either customize your default parameters so that no emails get logged into HubSpot except if you're specifically asking the extension to, or you can uncheck the log button when you draft the email.  That way these contacts will not be created in HubSpot. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

DANYG

Hi,

Actually I'm NOT using Chrome extension.

I ONLY  have setup gmail  (gsuite) integration.

And because of that all emails (just a "Hi" from a customer) makes him a contact/subscriber and polute the inbox.

How can I get rid of this ?

thanks

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DANYG 

Would you mind clarifying what do you mean by gmail integration? Can you send me screenshots of what you're talking about?

From what you're explaining, I'm wondering if maybe you did connect your email address as a team inbox in HubSpot. In that case, every incoming email will arrive in Conversations > Inbox. This is expected behaviour. If you do not want that you will need to disconnect this inbox as a team inbox and then connect it again as a personal inbox. You have more information regarding these two connections here

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes