How to import history emails from gmail?

SOLVE
Tim

Hi,

Is it possible to import my Gmail email history in Hubspot?

37 Replies 37
LeslieBarry

This is the best solution I found for Gmail to Hubspot forwarding of old emails. Affordable and does the job for my once-off migration: multi-email-forward dot com

I'm a customer, no relation to the company and have used CloudHQ service before and they just work.

And you can always cancel after the first month once you've done the initial run 😉

0 Upvotes
Creadigity

Any update on how to automate the process of importing email from Gmail to Hubspot?

0 Upvotes
OmairH
Contributor

It's a pity that since 2017, HS has not been able to provide for a solution that's an integral part of their competition. It doesn't makes sense that you are not able to see email history of contacts sent before migration to HS.

It seems HS is more targetted towards new businesses that have just started sales instead of established businesses. I don't know which establish business would be willing to migrate to HS if they cannot see their contact's email history dated before their HS joining date.

blimstash
Participant

I do not understand this. A lead comes in as an email. We add the person to HS. We create a deal. The original email NEEDS to be in that deal. If everything is so manual why don't I just use a spreadsheet ?

How is this usable at all?

0 Upvotes
Apothecary
Participant

Here's a solution

We managed to import all previous gmail emails using integromat. Here's the work flow: 

1. Export your contacts by segments, stages etc. Whatever works best for you. 
  2. Use integromat to search and label the emails. Scenario 1:
    • Search format {from:Johndoe@etc.com from: emailb@hotmail.com from: etc@etc.com } has:nouserlabels
    • (You can make that format easily in a spreadsheet)
    • It's best to do this is batches of max 400 emails. I had issues with 900 emails, not sure what the maximum is. 
    • I found labelling them like this a way to keep things sane and to easily check on the progress. Also, it allowed us to clean things up a bit and only import emails relevant to the contacts we want, rather than importing absoultely everything. 
    • Module 1: https://forestnation.d.pr/3884Mk
    • Module 2: https://forestnation.d.pr/zTC9fA 
  3. Use integromat to import all emails in a specific label to hubspot as timeline events. Scenario 2:
  4. Repeat this process to get the to: emails.
    • {to:Johndoe@etc.com to: emailb@hotmail.com to: etc@etc.com } has:nouserlabels

I am sure this process could be optimised even more. But it has worked for us and I hope it helps someone else out. 

* We have just migrated to hubspot this week, still in the process and looking forward growing our business on the platform. This is also our first post in the community. 

* If we can do this, hubspot could easily create a plug and play solution. I am sure they would win even more business with it 🙂 

Colas
Participant

@Apothecary Hi Apothecary, how can I get in touch with you, I'm trying to import a bunch of labelled emails but have a few questions first. thanks ! 

0 Upvotes
Apothecary
Participant
@Colas just sent you a private message. Happy to help
0 Upvotes
OlivierBeaujean
Participant

anyone tried Threads ? I'm considering doing this... 

0 Upvotes