Gmail Sales Extension

Tim

How to import history emails from gmail?

SOLVE

Hi,

Is it possible to import my Gmail email history in Hubspot?

2 Accepted solutions
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @Tim,

It isn't possible to retroactively import emails from Gmail into the Hubspot CRM.  One workaround is to manually log the email.  To do this, go to a contact record, click "Log Activity", change "Log a Call" to "Log an Email", change the date and time to when it was sent, and then copy and paste the email.  I know this workaround isn't feasible for a large number of emails, but it might work for you if there is a reasonable number.  

I hope this helps!

Brett

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Valleriia
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE
51 Replies 51
Creadigity

SOLVE

Any update on how to automate the process of importing email from Gmail to Hubspot?

0 Upvotes
asciocchetti
Participant

SOLVE

We just ran into a similar issue where a number of emails weren't logged in HubSpot bc the Chrome extension was disabled. 

While there is no automated way to bulk upload emails, we used the email forward feature as a workaround. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address#use-... 

Basically forwarding every individual received email that needs to be logged in HS using the @forward.hubspot.com email address that's unique to your account. 

Very manual workaround but still better than manually logging email with "log activity" feature. 

MarcusT
Participant

SOLVE

This is the weak link in Hubspot. Every business needs its contact/client conversation trail. in order the mange any CRM. Not to have this feature is unfathomable. 

sgrun
Participant

SOLVE

I have just created a Hubspot Idea for this. So, to encourage Hubspot to work on this much needed feature, please upvote it here:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Auto-Import-All-Historical-Email-Including-Emails-wri...

lalexander
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

This would be an awesome feature to see rolled out - for companies with a very long history of emailing back and forth with clients, it would be great for us to automatically pull in the emails in the connected inbox that are associated with contacts in the CRM!

MatthewMorrow
Participant

SOLVE

Is this going to happen?

ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

We recently listed our integration on the HubSpot Integration library which can help with this if of interest. 

0 Upvotes
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

We have an automated solution that can help you with this if you are still having issues. You can find us on the HubSpot  App Marketplace

0 Upvotes
Linda_Q
Participant

SOLVE

I'm interested in the solution found/developed to integrate historical emails into HubSpot. Is there a link online where I can find it? Thank you in advance!

0 Upvotes
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@Linda_Q - you can find more information here.

0 Upvotes
MatthewMorrow
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

We moved from SalesforceIQ and I really missed the true email sync.  I have no idea why HubSpot haven't added this as an optional feature.

I have found an app/integration that almost solves the problem. Dossier

It allows emails to be brought into HubSpot regardless of the platform you send from.  However, it appears to bring them in as a 'logged email' which is more like a note.  So although you have the record you can't reply from within HubSpot.  You can respond by composing a new email within HubSpot but I don't think this will keep the email chain intact.  Not a major problem but that is why I said it 'almost solves the problem.'

What do you all think?

ScotTrumeter
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey Tim,

This is something Trujay Group could do for you as data migrations into HubSpot are our specialty.  Historical emails data is an issue we see quite often and have been able to help many with getting the data imported in and associated to the correct Contacts.

Scot

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @Tim,

It isn't possible to retroactively import emails from Gmail into the Hubspot CRM.  One workaround is to manually log the email.  To do this, go to a contact record, click "Log Activity", change "Log a Call" to "Log an Email", change the date and time to when it was sent, and then copy and paste the email.  I know this workaround isn't feasible for a large number of emails, but it might work for you if there is a reasonable number.  

I hope this helps!

Brett

0 Upvotes
JBigbee
Participant

SOLVE

It's been over 5 years and there is still not a solution to this problem.

0 Upvotes
mpitre72
Participant

SOLVE

Literally... if we could just get the previous six month's history when setting up Hubspot, it would be of great help.

northwestcap

SOLVE
Hey Brett - Any chance HubSpot will offer the functionality requested below and present in most other modern CRM platforms re: email import? Seems like https://threads.cloud/ is doing it with their 3rd party solution. Would make moving to HubSpot and getting data into it on an ongoing basis infinitely easier. Thanks for the update! Matt
jhawkins999

SOLVE

So I want to switch from another CRM to Hubspot.  I have several deals with several hundred emails to each deal.  I have recreated the deals and the contacts in Hubspot, however I really need to see the emails with each contact/ deal before I started with Hubspot.  Several other CRM's already do this out of the box (Pipedrive, Prosperworks, SalesforceIQ and Base CRM).  How can I see my emails attached to the contacts prior to when I signed up with Hubspot (April 23, 2017)?

dbower
Participant

SOLVE

You can add Agile CRM to the list of others that provide good Gmail integration.   I don't understand how anyone finds it acceptable to lose all of the gmail contacts and history when moving to Hubspot. 

Hubspot seems like the best solution in the market, but this is a glaring weakness, and almost a showstopper for us.

marladicarlo
Participant

SOLVE

Agree, we are just now being told about this issue after working with our 2nd migration team - the first was HubSpot's recommended migration team. Then we moved to a diamond partner with HubSpot. This is a big issue and one that should be addressed - it seems unethical that HubSpot does not disclose this since they know it is an issue.

ScotTrumeter

SOLVE

@dbower Check in with me at scot@trujay.com after a week from now.  We're building an import solution for this.  Talk to you soon.

RenatO2
Participant

SOLVE

Hey, 

Does this issue have a resolution?

Thanks, 

Ren