Gmail Sales Extension

LindenDavies
Participant

How to hide or clear logged emails from contacts

SOLVE

Hi,

I wanted to prevent certain users from seeing logged emails when looking at contacts, however I belive this is not possible (wow, you really need to fix that)

All emails are being logged in the system, many are confidential but still need to be logged, however I have no choice but to stop using the gmail integration because of this issue.

After disabling the integration how can I 'clear' or 'hide' the emails that are already logged? It is a privacy and confidentiality issue for the company to have those emails still visible to everyone.

Linden.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LindenDavies,

You're correct, it's currently not possible to limit view access to activities on a contact record. A user can see either all contact information (including logged emails) or nothing at all. There isn't anything in between.

HubSpot does have a feature to exclude certain recipients/domains from CRM email logging. My experience is that it's not reliable and it wouldn't help retroactively but I still want to share it: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/add-emails-and-domains-to-the-never-log-list

As far as bulk deletion goes, unfortunately that's not possible at this stage. Other users have requested this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. If these confidential emails should not be visible to users, you'd have to restrict their contact view access – or delete the logged emails in HubSpot manually, as discussed here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
matthartel
Participant

SOLVE

Likewise.  We need to hide logged emails from certain users.

OMcLaughlin
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, this would be a big concern for our company and something HubSpot needs to address asap.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LindenDavies,

You're correct, it's currently not possible to limit view access to activities on a contact record. A user can see either all contact information (including logged emails) or nothing at all. There isn't anything in between.

HubSpot does have a feature to exclude certain recipients/domains from CRM email logging. My experience is that it's not reliable and it wouldn't help retroactively but I still want to share it: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/add-emails-and-domains-to-the-never-log-list

As far as bulk deletion goes, unfortunately that's not possible at this stage. Other users have requested this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. If these confidential emails should not be visible to users, you'd have to restrict their contact view access – or delete the logged emails in HubSpot manually, as discussed here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RColvin

SOLVE

Would you care to actually do something to fix this as there have been complaints for several years? I know I personally don't want every person in our office being able to see the emails I send to my supervisor or the owner because I am struggling with understanding a new task that I unique to my position.

There is absolutly no reason for there to not be a setting where only client communications are visible to all teammates and inter-office and departmental emails are private.

0 Upvotes
AnnaSeattle
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

While searching for answers to a question, I came across your need. I think this would solve it: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/add-emails-and-domains-to-the-never-log-list I would still like the ability to hide contact record communication from records for different purposes, but for inter-office communication, the never-log list might serve you well. Hopefully you were able to find a solution a while ago! 

0 Upvotes
LindenDavies
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Karsten, thanks for your clear and helpful reply. I understand the limitation now. Whilst I support transparency, this lack of control is a huge privcy concern, so we will need to consider how we use HS moving forward.

Kind regards,

Linden.