Gmail Sales Extension

dcarrollhh

How to disable the "Log in CRM" by Default - Gmail

SOLVE

I noticed in Gmail that "Log in CRM" is now checked by default.  I want the default setting to be UNchecked.  Can anyone please explain how to change the default setting for this?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@dcarrollhh @geekschicago @khulsen @jamesdmorin @markhineshomes    This feature was set to Log and Track by default last Friday, but rolled back on Monday. It should now reman sticky, meaning it will remember the setting from its previous use.

Ed  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16
FDevine
Participant

SOLVE

It's 2021 and this is still an issue for me. I just need to default to NOT LOG my emails. I'm the CRM admin and email all sorts of internal and external contacts. My emails should never be logged or visible to the average CRM user. 

DanaBinPA
Participant

SOLVE

Suddently Hubspot is logging EVERY email which I DO NOT want. UGH. What changed?

edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@dcarrollhh @geekschicago @khulsen @jamesdmorin @markhineshomes    This feature was set to Log and Track by default last Friday, but rolled back on Monday. It should now reman sticky, meaning it will remember the setting from its previous use.

Ed  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
pboudy
Contributor

SOLVE

Please let me suggest that this is not what half of these comments are saying they want (including myself). The default should be to not log....by making it sticky, as soon as I send an email with logging, then next one I send will be set to log.  So even though I uninstalled an re-installed the extension, the stickiness is not attractive at all. 

Let me suggest you add a pref as a separate setting (e.g. log and track all emails) for people that don't want to think about it.  But doing it this way is really very dangerous if you are sending sensitive information.  And have to think about the emails you sent...and of course it doesn't help that no where in hubspot can you get a quick read out of all the emails you sent in a day to find/delete the eroneous ones. 

Can you please reconsider this approach?

Thanks in advance. 

pboudy
Contributor

SOLVE

This is already causing me problems. Can I suggest perhaps since you can't please everyone, to allow the feature setting to remain "sticky" BUT to allow each user to set what the default should be.  So fraidy cats like me can set the default to NOT log and be forced to check it each time, but after the email goes it resets to default. And hubspot email beasts can default to autolog...and only check off stuff they DON'T want logged manually.  

Thoughts? Come on we can do better than this. I am spending time every day deleteing contacts that have no business in hubspot. 

-panos.

pboudy
Contributor

SOLVE

This feature may kill my ability to use side kick/gmail integration at all.  Every few days (or sooner if I was sending sensitive emails) I have to go in and try to find contacts or companies that should NOT have been put into HS and manually delete them.  I mean look at this....literally wasting time. Worst-- when you delete a contact their emails remain in the system until you delete the company too. hs fail.png

There are other options--

1. you could only log emails for contacts that are actually in HS already. So that way  even if I accidentally picked "LOG IN CRM" it won't do anything.  And if I do want it in there, I have to add the contact first.  
  2. You could allow users to pick a default -- and the default is sticky....so I can freelance when I want to log in crm. 

This is awful. 

wavecenter
Participant

SOLVE

This was an issue for us when it first occurred almost a year ago, and it just reared it's head again. The issue is the use case of people like executives who don't want to log emails as a rule, but from time to time want to just check log to log a specific email and then go back to the default of not logging — a pretty common use case, I would think. And one related to a very important user group. 

The way this feature ought to work is there should be a user preference where they can set default logging behavior, with three options:

1) Log by default (emails always come up checked by default and they can uncheck it if they don't want to log)

2) Don't log by default (emails will always come up unchecked by default, and they can check it if they want to log)

3) Sticky (check or uncheck depending on the setting on the previous email)

This is a VERY BIG DEAL for us. Our CEO is talking about changing MAT due to this issue. Please escalate!

DanaBinPA
Participant

SOLVE

AMEN

0 Upvotes
Tori_Colebourne
Participant

SOLVE

Agree! You can easily disable the "Log in CRM" by default in Outlook so I dont see why you cant in Gmail?

dcarrollhh

SOLVE

Thank you very much, Ed (ejusten) at HubSpot.  I'm sure this change will  make many people happier.

Thanks again!

0 Upvotes
Preetham

SOLVE

Unfortunately, this is still not working and I'm still having to manually uncheck tracking and logging in each and every email I send out - whether it's internal or external to the company.   Please resolve this ASAP Hubspot!

geekschicago
Participant

SOLVE

I really hope there is a way to turn this off or I am going to stop using Hubspot. 

khulsen

SOLVE

I'm having this problem as well. Every external  email we send in gmail is getting logged in Hubspot and it is automatically creating contacts that aren't sales related. Checking the boxes doesn't do anything. I have the box unchecked and it's still automatically logging. 

jamesdmorin
Participant

SOLVE

Likewise. I've been using the system for a while and this appears to be new? Or was I just lucky before? 

markhineshomes
Participant

SOLVE

Same thing goes for "Tracking". _Really_ hoping this isn't a ploy for getting free users to pay or abandon...

ftarara
Contributor

SOLVE

Same here, seems that the latest update is no longer making what was selected last "sticky". This needs to be fixed ASAP!