How save an email from a contact via gmail?

jws94123

I have hubspot integrated with gmail. I can create a new email and log it into hubspot no problem. 

When I get an email from a contact that is in hubspot, how can I save it to hubspot? It is not happening. Should it be happening automatically? 

When I get an email from someone that isn't yet a contact in hubspot I can add them as a contact but seem unable to save the email to hubspot. 

Thanks! 

5 Replies 5
freemulder
Participant

I have the same problem !

When a contact (created in the CRM), write an email, the message dosen't log to hubspot... 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @jws94123

You can forward emails from contacts into the CRM. Email responses will not automatically populate in the CRM unless they are responses to emails that were logged to the CRM. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
BisSam
Participant

I submitted the idea. I any of you guys want it to happen, please go and upvote it: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Automatically-log-incoming-emails-from-existing-conta...

0 Upvotes
bonnielee
Participant

I would love this feature.

Insightly has a button on the bottom of an email that allows to save the email to insightly....or create a TASK from an email

I miss both of these!

0 Upvotes
BisSam
Participant

This is something I'm looking for as well!

Instead of having to filter out specific email from hubpot contacts that aren't replies to a previously sent email from me and forward it to [hubspotID]@forward.hubspot.com. I'd love it if hubspot was able to tell that there is a contact associated with that email address and log it for me.

The same applies for meetings answers.