Gmail Sales Extension

torfin
Participant

How does the Gmail integration work?

SOLVE

Hi, 

so i have the following problem. 

if i understood it correctly, i can receive e-mails via hubspot. so if i create a new user / new lead, send him an e-mail and he replies, i should automatically see it in the contacts history right? 

sadly that´s not happening. I only see, that the contact has opened the e-mail - but not his reply.

I´m connected via G Suite. 

Thanks for the help!

1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @torfin, thanks for reaching out.

So, the process for seeing your emails in HubSpot is actually a bit more nuanced. You cannot receive emails via HubSpot, but your received emails can be logged in HubSpot if you have a Connected Inbox. 

Do you have the HubSpot Sales add-in installed in your Chrome browser? Are you checking the "Log in CRM" box each time you send a new email from Gmail? Read more about how to make sure that your emails are being logged correctly in this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-to-log-your-email-in-the-crm-using-hubs...

This article will also be helpful in order to troubleshoot why an email might not have been logged into the CRM.

Let me know if you have any questions on the above!

May

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @torfin, thanks for reaching out.

So, the process for seeing your emails in HubSpot is actually a bit more nuanced. You cannot receive emails via HubSpot, but your received emails can be logged in HubSpot if you have a Connected Inbox. 

Do you have the HubSpot Sales add-in installed in your Chrome browser? Are you checking the "Log in CRM" box each time you send a new email from Gmail? Read more about how to make sure that your emails are being logged correctly in this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-to-log-your-email-in-the-crm-using-hubs...

This article will also be helpful in order to troubleshoot why an email might not have been logged into the CRM.

Let me know if you have any questions on the above!

May

vincentF

SOLVE

Hi @MayPascaud,

Sorry for continuing this thread but I would like to be sure to understand something. Is ther a difference between having a G Suite account linked with hubspot and just a normal Gmail account. Because I only have a normal Gmail account linked with my hubspot and the answer (mails) of my contacts don't log in my CRM if the previous mail was sent through the CRM. It works only if I have sent the mail through gmail and the chrome extension. Is it normal ?

Thank you very much

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @vincentF, there should be no difference between email logging with GSuite versus free Gmail accounts. Email replies should be logged as expected for emails sent through both Gmail and the CRM. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, could you send me an example of an email sent through the CRM with a link to the contact record, and a screenshot of the email reply that was not logged? Thank you!

May

0 Upvotes