Gmail Sales Extension

MarlaJ

How can I select which emails are logged to the CRM

SOLVE

Right now every email I send in Gmail is being logged in the CRM which is not what I need. I'd like to have the extension prompt me with whether or not to add a recipient to the CRM. Is that possible?

1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MarlaJ 

When you send the email from Gmail do you see the options on the right to "Log" the emails.

HubSpot and GmailHubSpot and Gmail

Also, Also, if you have specific emails you *never* want to log then you can add them to the "Never Log List". Here's how you can add a Domain or Email Address to the list:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/add-emails-and-domains-to-the-never-log-...

Did that work?

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@MarlaJ 

The simplest way to stop contacts being automatically added by HubSpot is to uncheck the 'log email' box before sending an email. However if you want to avoid checking / unchecking the box and just want to log emails with your existing contacts then you might find this article useful. 

Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MarlaJ 

When you send the email from Gmail do you see the options on the right to "Log" the emails.

HubSpot and GmailHubSpot and Gmail

Also, Also, if you have specific emails you *never* want to log then you can add them to the "Never Log List". Here's how you can add a Domain or Email Address to the list:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/add-emails-and-domains-to-the-never-log-...

Did that work?

Mike

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MarlaJ ,

If you log an email (using the bcc address) for an email address that is not already a contact in your portal they will be added as a contact. This functionality cannot be customized. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes