Gmail Sales Extension

Carla_Clarke
Membro

How am I informed about Email Delivery Failure - Hubspot transactional mail using GMail

resolver

Hi! When sending a mail to a contact created in Hubspot using transactional mail (GMail), how will I be notified whether the email was successfully delivered or not. I.e. if the contact email address was added incorrectly by me, and I then send a mail to that contact, it won't deliver. I know I do get a notification on the contact's activity log that it did not go through - but if I sent the email and exited the contact profile immediately, is there any other way that I am informed that the mail was not delivered? Do I get a Delivery Failure notification in my GMail Inbox? Do I need specific settings to enable this? Just trying to make sure nothing goes into an abyss 🙂

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

How am I informed about Email Delivery Failure - Hubspot transactional mail using GMail

resolver

>>" know I do get a notification on the contact's activity log that it did not go through - but if I sent the email and exited the contact profile immediately, is there any other way that I am informed that the mail was not delivered?

Do I get a Delivery Failure notification in my GMail Inbox?"

Yes

"Do I need specific settings to enable this?"

No

An easy way to test this is to ...

-1- create a dummy contact in HubSpot -- e.g., dummy@mfrankjohnson [dot] com.

-2- send a one-to-one email to that contact from inside the HubSpot contact record. Exit the profile immediately (if you like ... doesn't matter)

-3- wait for Gmail to figure out that the email was 'undeliverable'  (important step). Remember, we're waiting for Gmail here, not HubSpot.

-4- check your Gmail inbox. You'll see the Google undeliverable message(s) there. They'll eventually stop on their own.

Note: This does not work the same for HubSpot Marketing (one-to-many) emails.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Resposta 1
MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

>>" know I do get a notification on the contact's activity log that it did not go through - but if I sent the email and exited the contact profile immediately, is there any other way that I am informed that the mail was not delivered?

Do I get a Delivery Failure notification in my GMail Inbox?"

Yes

"Do I need specific settings to enable this?"

No

An easy way to test this is to ...

-1- create a dummy contact in HubSpot -- e.g., dummy@mfrankjohnson [dot] com.

-2- send a one-to-one email to that contact from inside the HubSpot contact record. Exit the profile immediately (if you like ... doesn't matter)

-3- wait for Gmail to figure out that the email was 'undeliverable'  (important step). Remember, we're waiting for Gmail here, not HubSpot.

-4- check your Gmail inbox. You'll see the Google undeliverable message(s) there. They'll eventually stop on their own.

Note: This does not work the same for HubSpot Marketing (one-to-many) emails.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva