Gmail Sales Extension

sauph
Participante

Hide tracking-note in logged emails

resolver

Hi, I have turned off email tracking in the settings for the entire account.

I use the Hubspot Gmail extension. However, I regularly use bcc to send the emails to Hubspot for logging. 

Now, however, each logged email displays the following notice in a blue box: "No tracking data is available for this email. xxx has logged this email but has not tracked it. Learn more."

Can this notice be blanket hidden?

Due to internal regulations, email tracking is not compliant with our data process agreement as our internal departments might see a collision with GDPR here. 

However, when I turned off email tracking for each email individually, the above mentioned blue box appeared in Hubspot on top of every logged email. 

I thought when disabeling email tracking for the whole account, it might disappear; but it doesn't. 

Is there any way to hide it? It is kind of annoying to see it every time on top of a logged email. 

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @sauph,

As far as I know, this notice cannot be hidden. The default behavior in HubSpot is that emails are being tracked – when that is not happening (because the functionality is disabled, as in your case) or because HubSpot cannot access this information, the notice is displayed. In any case, it's a confirmation that there isn't any collision with GDPR.

If you feel strongly about being able to hide this notice, you could request this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these suggestions based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
ThreadsHelp2018
Colaborador líder

resolver

Hi @sauph 

An alternative option would be to use a third party app to log your emails that does not also track the email itself. That way the banner will not appear at all. Hope that helps!

0 Me gusta
webdew
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @sauph ,

No, unfortuantely you cannot hide this notice banner.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @sauph,

As far as I know, this notice cannot be hidden. The default behavior in HubSpot is that emails are being tracked – when that is not happening (because the functionality is disabled, as in your case) or because HubSpot cannot access this information, the notice is displayed. In any case, it's a confirmation that there isn't any collision with GDPR.

If you feel strongly about being able to hide this notice, you could request this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these suggestions based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.