Gmail Sales Extension

camcoop

Hide Right Pane in HubSpot Gmail Extension

SOLVE

Hello,

Is there a way to hide the Hubspot Gmail extension pane while still using the extension's features like scheduling emails? I'm finding that the pane often gets in the way.

Thanks! 

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @camcoop,

Are you able to "x" out of the sidebar? It should shrink down to a small sprocket, but still keep you signed into HubSpot. 

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
21 Replies 21
ValeRrria
Participant

SOLVE

Same issues here.
It is incredibly annoying - it is unsolicited, keeps popping up for emails with multiple recipients - you close it once (using the x in the upper right corner of the panel), it opens up for another recipient and so on ad nauseam, and it does this for contacts from company's domain, which are excluded from Logging. 

0 Upvotes
SNankivell
Participant

SOLVE

Just a week ago suddenly the right panel started opening up with email recipients' names and an orange box to click to "Open in CRM" every time I open an email or start to compose one. Super annoying - takes up a lot of real estate and it's unsolicited and I have to click the X multiple times, for everyone on the email, because the panel pops open for each of them. Has anyone figured out how to get this to stop? I saw on another thread with Outlook where you could deselect the panel but I don't see that anywhere when I look at settings, etc. (I use Gmail.) Really frustrating. 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SNankivell @ValeRrria 

Thank you for reaching out. 

After investigation, this is expected behaviour when you have the GDPR tools enabled in your account (Settings > Privacy & Consent) as mentioned in this article

I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Dari
Participant

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda Hi there, I'm having some trouble with the Hubspot sidebar too – I am using the the Gmail extension within the latest version of Chrome on a Mac. For me, I am unable to click on the X to close the sidebar because it is overlapping some other Gmail controls and my cursor isn't recognising these specific Hubspot UI elements. I've attached a screenshot. I have tried clearing the cache and cookies for Gmail, as well as signing out of the extension and in again. Can you help?

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 6.11.56 pm.png 

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @Dari 

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Thanks 

Sharon

0 Upvotes
Dari
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @sharonlicari, I actually found a workaround accidentally, which was to first click on the Gmail settings 'cog' icon – this opened another tray that then allowed me to click on the 'x' of the other Hubspot tray that was sitting just behind it. So, the issue's solved for me, but didn't get to test if uninstalling and then reinstalling would also have resolved it. 

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing @Dari 🙂

yatishm
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I would also be keen on figuring this one out. Any one made progress on this? 

It works for me but not some other users ... I.e. If I X the right hand pane, it closes, BUT it reappears at times (for other users too) when opening an email or composing an email.

This should be persistant, yes? Ie. If I click the X, it should stay closed and not open again unless I chose to do so. Also the box also shows up for internal email users that I have added to the Blocked for all users settings. Why does the box still show up?

These are the versions:

Chrome Version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Extension Version 2.9.0.3718

Please provide an update on this?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @camcoop,

Are you able to "x" out of the sidebar? It should shrink down to a small sprocket, but still keep you signed into HubSpot. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
webbeger

SOLVE

Where is the "x" on the side bar that allows me to reduce or eliminate it?  It hides other plug ins that I use.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @webbeger,

It would be in the top right hand corner of the sidebar. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 3.26.50 PM.png

0 Upvotes
MiguelHP

SOLVE

Hi:  I'm unable to collapse / hide the HubSpot side panel in Gmail. Yes I can see the X in the top right corner but selecting it doesn't achieve what I want, OK, it doesn't do anything.  Does anyone have a workaround for this?

I'm logged in with Chrome on Windows 7 and it appeared for the first time a few weeks ago.

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MiguelHP,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Can you confirm you have the most up to date version of Chrome? 

Are other users experiencing this issue? 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
xxxxxxxxxxx

SOLVE

I'm having the same problem, really annoying, takes precious real estate when working on a smaller screen.   Anyone figure this out. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @xxxxxxxxxxx,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, cn you please share a screenshot of what you are experiencing?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Thanks,
Jenny

karen4

SOLVE

I am having the same issue where HubSpot on the side is taking up too much real-estate and can't "x" out to close the boxes despite numerous attempts.

Screenshot 2019-03-20 11.24.54.png

MiguelHP

SOLVE

Hi Karen:

I too continued to experience the same issue for several weeks.  Yesterday, I removed the Hubspot Chrome Extension and now can't locate it to re-install it.

And yet the stubborn side-bar remains there.

Miguel

MiguelHP

SOLVE

OK, another bit of information.

I find myself logged out of Hubspot, attempt to log in using my Google credentials and the window freezes... remains white and nothing happens.

Miguel

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MiguelHP,

1. Here is the Chrome extension

2. Can you please clear your cache and cookies

3. If you can send along screenshots of where you are getting stuck, that would be great!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
MiguelHP

SOLVE

Hi Jenny:

I've been ignoring the popout, so, to be truthful, I'm not sure if it's still intermittent or not, but I'll keep a closer eye on it and get back to you if it continues to freeze.

Thanks for following up,
Miguel
0 Upvotes