Gmail Sales Extension

alibabakes5
Miembro

Help understanding Gmail integration (Hubspot CRM Free)

resolver

Hi there,

I am trying to understand how the Gmail integration works as I am having trouble with it

I have linked my Gmail account to Hubspot.

Does HS constantly poll my Gmail for new emails, and enter them into CRM as a new contact, or do I have to manually flag which ones relate to my business ( my gmail account is a mixture of personal and business ) .

Do I need to actively log into my Gmail webpage in the browser that has the Hubspot Sales Extension installed, or does HS integrate with my account from its own servers?

I sent myself an email from another account, unlinked in Hubspot in any way and I'm trying to get that to show up as a new contact / enquiry in CRM.

I waited a while, and nothing appeared, so I thentried the manual Forward address specified in the CRM settings. Still no new contact appeared.

As another experiment I added yet another amail account of mine as a CRM contact, and used CRM to send an email. That was sent ok, and I can see it tracking when I opened it. I replied to that email, but that reply was never picked up by CRM, desite it hitting my main email account ok.

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
JeremyHong
Solución
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @alibabakes5,

The first thing I would do is confirm that your sales/gmail plugin is set up the way you want it.

You can configure either of the options you described (create a new contact for every email, OR create a contact only when you specify) by using the Log & Track settings.

Have you already set up your Log and Track settings within the plugin?

Here's the HS documentation on how to do that.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
JeremyHong
Solución

resolver

Hi @alibabakes5,

The first thing I would do is confirm that your sales/gmail plugin is set up the way you want it.

You can configure either of the options you described (create a new contact for every email, OR create a contact only when you specify) by using the Log & Track settings.

Have you already set up your Log and Track settings within the plugin?

Here's the HS documentation on how to do that.

JessicaH
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @alibabakes5,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they can assist with this.

Hi @Bryantworks @ndwilliams3 @JeremyHong would you be able to share your thoughts with @alibabakes5?

Thanks!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !