HIPPA compliance with CRMs

SOLVE

Hello,

I am a health provider and have some concerns about sharing my emails with Hubspot CRM.  How can I ensure that Hubspot CRM is HIPPA compliant?  I need to be able to protect my patient's health information including their emails and other demographic information.  Also, often I will receive sensitive health information from my patients and I cannot afford a lawsuit if your company fails to protect my patient's privacy for any reason.  What assurance can you provide that you will be held just as liable as I am for any breaches of security?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Snohomish  At this time, HubSpot is not HIPPA compliant. Hubspot's terms of service forbids the storage or processing of sensitive health or financial information. You can find HubSpot's terms-of-service here.

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
5 Replies 5
0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Snohomish  At this time, HubSpot is not HIPPA compliant. Hubspot's terms of service forbids the storage or processing of sensitive health or financial information. You can find HubSpot's terms-of-service here.

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
New Contributor

Hi there, 

Is this still accurate? Ie, is Hubspot still not HIPAA-compliant?

MC

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yes, this is still accurate.

Occasional Contributor

were you planning to use it for patient case updates?

did you find an alternative?