Gmail Sales Extension

TheMattKirsch
Participant

Google Chrome extension and "Someone Opened email" notifications

Résolue

Hi All,

We block internal email addresses by domain from logging within our HubSpot CRM instance when sending email via Sales Hub. However, on emails where there may be either external and internal, or internal only recipients the activity counts/notifications get out of hand.

Is there a way to block all open notifications from internal recipients only, from showing up in the Google Chrome extension? If not, this would be a handy feature.

See screen shot attached. 629 activity notifications and climbing from an internal email.

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 9.41.03 AM.png

Thanks!

1 Solution acceptée
jennysowyrda
Solution
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

HI @TheMattKirsch,

While there is not a way to have "never log track settings" in the same way there is for logging, you can customize your notifications to ensure you don't receive email or floating notifications for all opens.

Additionally, another workaround could be to send two versions of the email, one for internal use that you do not want tracked, and one for external recipients that you do want tracked. 

Because tracking is controlled by one tracking pixel within the original email, there is no way to determine who causes a notification and who doesn't, as all that is firing for the notification is the opening of the email. I did find an idea that requests this functionality, however, so if you would like to see this implemented in the future, I would recommend upvoting this idea.

Thank you,

Jenny

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
1 Réponse
jennysowyrda
Solution

Résolue

HI @TheMattKirsch,

While there is not a way to have "never log track settings" in the same way there is for logging, you can customize your notifications to ensure you don't receive email or floating notifications for all opens.

Additionally, another workaround could be to send two versions of the email, one for internal use that you do not want tracked, and one for external recipients that you do want tracked. 

Because tracking is controlled by one tracking pixel within the original email, there is no way to determine who causes a notification and who doesn't, as all that is firing for the notification is the opening of the email. I did find an idea that requests this functionality, however, so if you would like to see this implemented in the future, I would recommend upvoting this idea.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Votes