Gmail Sales Extension

DHolbrook

Gmail tracking and logging options not appearing

SOLVE

I added another email to the profile under the email tab and have the HubSpot Chrom extension downloaded, but the the options for tracking and logging email do not appear when I am composing a new email in the second email account I added.  They only appear in the first email account.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DHolbrook,

As far as I know this is currently not possible. When you're setting up the HubSpot Sales extension for Gmail, you're authorizing and granting the extension permissions specifically for one email address. When you add another email address within the same account, the authorization doesn't automatically extend to the new email address.

You can log into multiple gmail accounts at once. Once you've switched into another account, you can authorize and use HubSpot Sales there:

karstenkoehler_1-1625630805752.png

If you think that this should be a priority for the product team, you could submit a request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The team reviews these submissions based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @DHolbrook,

Another solution would be to use a third party app to log your emails. Unlike the Gmail extension, you can add multiple email addresses and then regardless of which email alias sends the email, the email will be logged. Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DHolbrook,

As far as I know this is currently not possible. When you're setting up the HubSpot Sales extension for Gmail, you're authorizing and granting the extension permissions specifically for one email address. When you add another email address within the same account, the authorization doesn't automatically extend to the new email address.

You can log into multiple gmail accounts at once. Once you've switched into another account, you can authorize and use HubSpot Sales there:

karstenkoehler_1-1625630805752.png

If you think that this should be a priority for the product team, you could submit a request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The team reviews these submissions based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes