Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Gmail extension failing to load even when Ghostery is disabled

Highlighted
New Contributor

Until just last week, the Hubspot Gmail extension worked fine with Ghostery disabled for the Google domain.

For some reason, it started interfering with Hubspot a few days ago, and only resolves when I disable Ghostery across all of Chrome.

So either Ghostery is lying about being disabled on specific sites when you ask it to be, or Hubspot is disabling itself if it recognizes Ghostery is installed (even when I have turned off blocking for all Hubspot trackers in Ghostery).

0 Upvotes
6 Replies
New Contributor

After disabling/enabling Ghostery multiple times, the problem seems to have resolved itself for whatever reason.

(EDIT: And it's broken again.)

If this issue pops up again in the future, is there a better solution than "turn it off and on"?

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader

Unwilling to try uninstall. Can't help here.

Unsubscribed #nlmtt #nlmtu

HubSpot Smart Pages

hubspot-solutions-signature-pricing-options-v01.png

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I realize that uninstalling Ghostery is an option, but I wouldn't be asking on the forum if I was okay with that.

It really shouldn't be an issue if the conflicting extension in question is disabled on Gmail.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I tried to uncheck hubspot trackers in Global Blocking in Ghostery and now it works:

hubspot ghostery.jpg

New Contributor

I tried this and it worked temporarily but Hubspot would still break periodically.

The issue doesn't seem to be consistent.

I ended up switching to a lesser ad blocker, but am disappointed this is an issue at all.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Not sure if you are still having this issue but I was able to get it to work by adding hsappstatic.net as a trusted site

0 Upvotes