Gmail Sales Extension

GUY-HS
Mitglied

Gmail Send Button vs Send & Archive

lösung

Hi - I'm trying to get Hubspot Sales gmail plugin to work with the Gmail SEND button - NOT the SEND & ARCHIVE button.

This archiving is awful and leads to many forgotten conversations.

Any help or advice is welcome and thanks in advance.

Guy

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
relabidin
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @GUY-HS,

The Send + Archive feature is a setting in Gmail that is by default disabled. You can toggle it off in Settings > General in Gmail:

2017-02-21_1339.png

I tested this out by enabling the feature in my Gmail account, and when I replied to an email using the Scheduling feature the email was not archived after being sent. As you can see from this screenshot, the schedule button is working with the regular send button and not the Send + Archive button:

2017-02-21_1358.pngRami 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

10 Antworten
markstruczewski
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

The Send + Archive button stopped working a few days ago. I've disabled and re-enabled the extension. Still won't work. I have to manually archive every reply now.

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @markstruczewski, thanks for your post. Does the functionality for Send/Archive in gmail return when you uninstall the exetension? I would recommend trying without HubSpot sales installed to see if this is something that is a result of our extension, or something unrelated. 

If the functionality does return when you uninstall the sales extension, please let me know. If it is still not working, I would think this has something to do with a problem on the Gmail side of things. 

0 Upvotes
markstruczewski
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

@nicolebrenner,Yes, the functionality DOES return when the extension is uninstalled. At first, I called Google Apps for Work. When I uninstalled the extension, the Gmail Send + Archive button works.

Note: as others have pointed out, this extension did not have an issue until last week. Up until then, it worked just fine.

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

@markstruczewski what version of Google Chrome are you running? I would first recommend updating yoru browser so that it's running the latest version of chrome. Then, If that doesn't work, would you be able to provide screenshots of your settings in Gmail that indicate you have Send and Archive turned on. Then, any screenshots you could provide that indicates that this feature doesn't work when our extenion is installed, we can work together to determine what's causing this issue. 

0 Upvotes
Lars77
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I am experiencing the same problem.

Until recently, archiving when sending worked fine. When I delete the hubspot chrome extension, it works fine.  When i switch on the extension, it does no longer archive. (It shows the button, but does not archive)

I am running Chrome 78.0.3904.108 (Officiële build) (64-bits) on Mac OS catalina 10.15.1

Is there a solution for this? Because at this moment, it is very annoying and forced me to switch off the Hubspot plugin.

0 Upvotes
relabidin
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @GUY-HS,

The Send + Archive feature is a setting in Gmail that is by default disabled. You can toggle it off in Settings > General in Gmail:

2017-02-21_1339.png

I tested this out by enabling the feature in my Gmail account, and when I replied to an email using the Scheduling feature the email was not archived after being sent. As you can see from this screenshot, the schedule button is working with the regular send button and not the Send + Archive button:

2017-02-21_1358.pngRami 

Wordna
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

My "Send" button is suddenly also archiving my emails...I am running Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)

0 Upvotes
glenns
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

This just started happening to me as well. I can no longer Send without Archiving if I have "Send and Archive" enabled.

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

@glenns Can you upload a screenshot of your compose window? Do you have the button for "send" as well as "send and archive" or just one?

0 Upvotes
glenns
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

Here are two screenshots. One with the "Track" box checked and one without.

0 Upvotes