Gmail Sales Extension

pascal_geiger

Gmail Inbox not saving incomming mails to Hubspot

SOLVE

Hi there,

I connected my Gmail Inbox to Hubspot exactly like written in this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/connect-your-inbox-to-hubspot

If I send outgoing Emails from Gmail or Hubspot directly. It works like writtten.

But If I receive Emails in my Gmail Inbox, it is not working!

What can I do? Is there a Button in the Gmail Extension to save manual the email to hubspot?

Thank you for helping.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
OliviaRoberts
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @pascal_geiger !

In order for an incoming email to be logged automatically to HubSpot, this requires that the email is a response to a previously logged email within HubSpot. More on how email replies work and the requirements in order for an email to log is outlined here if you would like to reference it. 

If the email is not a reply, you can log the email by forwarding it to your HubSpot forwarding address. By forwarding emails to your forwarding address, this will log them to the associated record in HubSpot. Documentation on HubSpot forwarding address is here if you are interested in learning more!

Best, 

Olivia

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
OliviaRoberts
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @pascal_geiger !

In order for an incoming email to be logged automatically to HubSpot, this requires that the email is a response to a previously logged email within HubSpot. More on how email replies work and the requirements in order for an email to log is outlined here if you would like to reference it. 

If the email is not a reply, you can log the email by forwarding it to your HubSpot forwarding address. By forwarding emails to your forwarding address, this will log them to the associated record in HubSpot. Documentation on HubSpot forwarding address is here if you are interested in learning more!

Best, 

Olivia