GMail allias

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi there!

So basically I have an alias to my Gmail. I have added it to my Hubspot account, but when I send an email using the alias the response is not being tracked in the CRM. Is there any way to fix this? I would even consider dropping the original email just to make sure that the CRM will track the other one.

Second question is about setting defaults for email sending: font, size and the email used (I have 2 configured) since I have to change all those paramiters every single time i write an email.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help!

Have a nice day people!

4 Replies 4
Community Manager

Hi @Maciek thanks for your question. Are you sending these emails from within HubSpot, or from gmail? I would recommend checking out this article on email reply logging to make sure that you've got everything set up correctly: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/do-email-replies-get-recorded-in-the-crm

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Could you please start a new thread in order to address your second question? This will help our questions be more relevant by search terms for our other users! 

Thank you! 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nicole,

Sure, I will. Sorry for the confusion.

As for Gmail: I have read the article you mentioned and yes, everything is set up correctly. When I use my email address - the same one that was used for registering - everything works like a charm and logs in the CRM. The problem starts when I try to log emails which I'm sending using the added alias from Gmail. They go out nicely, but not only can't I see the reply in the CRM, I can't see the mail I've sent in "Sent" in Gmail which is very odd. So if I want to use the alias I am forced to send emails manualy within Gmail instead of using Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Maciek, I would recommend that your alias account is a connected inbox in your portal, based on that behavior it sounds like you need to add the alias acccount. 

0 Upvotes