Gmail Sales Extension

howardmarxb
Participant

GMail Extension and Contact Creation

SOLVE

As a Super Admin, I restricted my teams members on the creation, deletion and editing of contacts and companies.

When my team members use the Gmail extension, will it overide my seetins and create a contact when a contact is not already on our data?

Thanks,

Howard

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
JWingate2
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Sorry for the miscommunication @howardmarxb,

If a user's permission in your HubSpot account doesn't allow them to create/edit/delete a contact it will not allow them to create/edit/delete a contact through the Gmail Extension. 

When a user adds the Gmail extension it has them sign in as the HubSpot User on the account and the permission set will follow through into the Gmail extension.

I hope that helped clarify better for you.

View solution in original post

JWingate2
Solution

SOLVE

If you want to avoid creating it, ensure you are not logging/tracking the message when sending it out.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
JWingate2

SOLVE

Hi Howard. As long as their permissions doesn't give them access to create a contact, it will not create a contact for you. The user has to sign into the extension from HubSpot, and the permission setting will follow suit there.

I hope that helps, if you need more detail feel free to reach out to me.

0 Upvotes
howardmarxb
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @JWingate2 ,
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, I am not sure if I understood you well.
- How will the extension create a contact for me on our join HubSpot account if a team member (another email address) is sending an email and they don't have permission to create/delete/edit a contact?
- Each of our team members has access to their own Gmail and Gmail HubSpot extension.
Will the restrictions be overridden by the extension or will they hold in place?
Thanks,
Howard

0 Upvotes
JWingate2
Solution

SOLVE

Sorry for the miscommunication @howardmarxb,

If a user's permission in your HubSpot account doesn't allow them to create/edit/delete a contact it will not allow them to create/edit/delete a contact through the Gmail Extension. 

When a user adds the Gmail extension it has them sign in as the HubSpot User on the account and the permission set will follow through into the Gmail extension.

I hope that helped clarify better for you.

howardmarxb
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @JWingate2 ,

I just test it and your answer above is wrong.

Even though a user has no create/edit/delete abiliites on the permisions properties, the Google Extension will override it and will allow someone to create a contact.

Why is HubSpot allow this to happen? and How do we make the Google extension respect HubSpot user's permissions?

Best,

Howard

0 Upvotes
howardmarxb
Participant

SOLVE

@JWingate2 
Thanks for clarifying!
For me (SuperAdmin) with create/delete/edit capabilities, what is the best way to set the GMail extension not to create any new contacts?
Thanks!

0 Upvotes
JWingate2
Solution

SOLVE

If you want to avoid creating it, ensure you are not logging/tracking the message when sending it out.

0 Upvotes
LaPantera

SOLVE

Yes, but there isn't a way for a Super Admin to control this for all other users correct?

0 Upvotes