Gmail Sales Extension

bleen00

False positive tracking when I view a sent email

SOLVE

Hi I am seeing in error in hubspot CRM where activity feed says "client name" opened email at xx:xx time and in reality, it's happening when I view the email in my sent box in gmail.  That's pretty bad.  Any way to fix this?

Also, currently getting replies from clients but it's not registering as an 'ope'n.  Obviously they had to have opened it to reply.  Is this because I have the free version and already have my free 200 notifications?  Weird though, because the error I mentioned above still happens.

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bleen00 

The way that HubSpot email tracking works is it embeds an invisible one-pixel image into each email message when it is sent. When you open your sent email, yes, the pixel is loaded and sends you a notification that it has been opened. While it isn't foolproof, it is better than having zero notifications. I realize this doesn't exactly fix the false positives, however, being aware of this behavior is hopefully helpful. 

We've had multiple clients who get frustrated with this, so we put together a one-page document with links to related HubSpot knowledge articles about this.

Also, you are correct. Once you pass your 200 notifications, you will not get a notification until your 200 free allotment resets next month. In our free portals, we find it useful to be very aware of which emails are necessary to track and which ones are not. This helps save our notifications for the high priority emails. 

I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
willsmith
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @bleen00 

The way that HubSpot email tracking works is it embeds an invisible one-pixel image into each email message when it is sent. When you open your sent email, yes, the pixel is loaded and sends you a notification that it has been opened. While it isn't foolproof, it is better than having zero notifications. I realize this doesn't exactly fix the false positives, however, being aware of this behavior is hopefully helpful. 

We've had multiple clients who get frustrated with this, so we put together a one-page document with links to related HubSpot knowledge articles about this.

Also, you are correct. Once you pass your 200 notifications, you will not get a notification until your 200 free allotment resets next month. In our free portals, we find it useful to be very aware of which emails are necessary to track and which ones are not. This helps save our notifications for the high priority emails. 

I hope this helps.