Extension reloaded itself too frequently. Again!

Occasional Contributor

hubspot fail.png

This has happened at least 4 times in the last couple of weeks. None of the known conflicts are present:

• Ghostery
  • Privacy Badger
  • Yesware
  • Boomerang
  • MailTrack

Is ther an updated list somewhere?

12 Replies 12
Community Manager

Hi @wildmercury,

Can you please try deleting and re-adding the extension as a first step? Many users who experienced this issue were able to resolve it by deleting and downloading the extension.

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I've done that about 6 times over the last few weeks... It does resolve it until the next time it happens. The cause correlates roughly with flushing the cache in Chrome and logging in. 

Everytime, we either get a blank Hubspot login dialogue in Gmail or the extension fails with this reload issue. Then you have to uninstall, reinstall, flush the cache again and log in on hubspot website, BEFORE you login via Gmail and then it'll work until we close Chrome and flush the cache. 

Then it's rinse and repeat.

It's becoming so tedious.

We'd really love to know if a solution (not just a temp fix) is out there...

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Thank you @wildmercury.  I appreciate the information, as well as your patience and cooperation.

I am going to partner with the team regarding this matter. Can you please collect a console log  from this process? The console collects info/errors in the background and doesn't need to be open. So when you are seeing this error message, can you open up the console and save the file there (right-click into window > save as)? Here are the instructions for how to save this and take a screenshot. 

Let me know if you have any issues collecting the console log. 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jenny,

Will do my best to remember to do that when it happens next, in fact I'll see if I can "make" it happen over the weekend.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Ok, so Monday morning, clear caches, and we get the same extension error:
HubSpot Sales 2.9.0.2320
This extension reloaded itself too frequently.

The console log is huge again, over 100 errors. Cannot paste the errors in here as it exceeds 20,000 characters. so see:

https://justpaste.it/4r0fo

I've redacted out my email address, that's it.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Thank you @wildmercury! I am going to partner with the team on this issue and will update you as soon as I have more information! Smiley Happy 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @wildmercury,

Thank you for your patience! Can you please try disabling all other extensions you have in your Chrome browser and see if the issue persists? 

After looking at the errors you sent along, the issue may be due to how many extensions you have running. 

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I don't think I can reasonably do that. Every other extension there is used on a daily basis.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @wildmercury,

I understand. If you are able to isolate the issue to other extensions, you could create a different Chrome profile for this purpose. Additionally, if this doesn't resolve the issue, then I am happy to continue troubleshooting on my end of things as well! Smiley Happy 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @wildmercury,

The team has requested some additional logs to keep investigating this matter. 

You can direct message me this info if you do not want to post it here. 

1. Open a new tab and go to chrome://net-export/
  2. Click the Start Logging To Disk button.
  3. Reproduce the problem in a different tab (the chrome://net-export/ window needs to stay open or logging will stop.)
  4. Click Stop Logging button.

Let me know if you have any questions about this! Thank you again for your patience and cooperation. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I've also been having issues with gmail extension, and as of yesterday it keeps forcing hubspot re-login, like every few seconds. I am using Boomerang, and turned that off for now to to see what happens.
We are not going to keep uninstalling and re-installing, or not use other extensions. Hope to see a better actual solution from Hubspot to fix this!

0 Upvotes

The same thing happens to me.  Has this issue been resolved?

0 Upvotes