Gmail Sales Extension

fhcmsoftware
参加者

Emails being tracked when I haven't selected tracking

Hi - I've been using hubspot, with the gmail addin and extension for quite some time. Everything has worked as expected. If I check the log box, emails are logged. If I check the track box, they get tracked.  If don't check either, they aren't logged or tracked in hubspot.

All of a sudden, I'm finding that all my emails to a set of contacts in my hubspot list are getting tracked, even when I do not check the log or track boxes.  These are email recipients who I do have set up in hubspot. I typically track and log the emails only when they relate to a potential deal.  However, I'm finding now that they are all getting tracked and also getting associated with deals inappropriately.

For example, I have a company and contacts who I have deals with in various stages - but I also have lots of emails with them that do not relate to deals and do not need to be tracked.  Normally I don't check the Log or Track boxes - but I just discovered they are getting tracked regardless.  Since I'm on a free account, I'm concerned they are going to run through my monthly allowance too quickly, not to mention making things a mess in my CRM since these are  not important emails. 

Did something change in how hubspot works?  This was never an issue before.

6件の返信
JessicaH
元HubSpot社員
元HubSpot社員

Hi @fhcmsoftware,

Thanks for reaching out.

Is it possible that you have connected your email address as a shared inbox?

In that case, emails will automatically be logged.

This thread explains the difference between personal inboxes and shared inboxes.

Maybe it would make more sense to connect the email address as a personal inbox in your case. 

I hope this helps.

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 いいね!
helenstrafe
投稿者

Hi Jessica

I have the same issue and I don't have a shared mailbox connected. I have emails that I have purposely disabled Tracking and Logging for and they have made their way into Hubspot. This is a major issue when communicating confidential information, i.e. salary information for staff, etc. I have had to delete sensitive emails but there is most definitely an issue with this functionality. 

Please can you let me know your thoughts? 

Helen Abbott

0 いいね!
JessicaH
元HubSpot社員
元HubSpot社員

Hi @helenstrafe,

Do you use a sales extension?

If so could you double-check the logging settings?

Take care,

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 いいね!
helenstrafe
投稿者

Hi Jess

I will have a look at the Never Log functionality but my point is, if Hubspot are showing an Log and Track checkbox, from a user's perspective, if this is unchecked, it shouldn't log or track and it did. Does that mean that the functionality simply doesn't work as it should? 

Never Log is also perhaps a little extreme. It may be a single email we want to exclude from tracking rather than a contact as a whole. Is that possible? This is what I thought the GMail checkboxes were for. 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

Helen 

0 いいね!
fhcmsoftware
参加者

Just want to say I agree all around with Helen on expectations of how this should work . Mostly it does - that is most of the time unchecking the boxes prevents tracking/logging - but there are definitely times when things get logged anyway.  I haven't been able to determine under what conditions.

Also - is there some way to suppress notifications on a particular thread?  I occasionally have situations where someone keeps repeatedly opening the same email, which can quickly eat up my monthly allowance.

fhcmsoftware
参加者

Just to follow up, I did check and I didn't have my email set up as a shared inbox either.
0 いいね!