Email tracking not working on some emailsS

ragsntatters

So I'm using the gmail plugin to track opens of my email. I have tried sending a test email to:  hello@getsidekick.com  and that seems to track fine. However, there are other emails I've sent to people that they have opened, but it doesn't reflect the same in the list - neither in the plugin nor in the actual Hubspot backend. What could be causing this? I have ensured it's not plain text and can see the BCC hubspot email when it sends and track and log are both checked. Thanks

4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @ragsntatters,

Were you able to follow the steps outlined in this thread? It walks through some troubleshooting steps including: 

1. The sent emails in Outlook contain the BCC address (yourhubid@bcc.hubspot.com).

2. Make sure that your emails are being sent as HTML, not plain text.  

3. The emails that you're sending aren't being sent to contacts with the same domain as you.

4. The email address that the emails are sent from is a user in the Hubspot portal.

I also wanted to share this article which is a great resource for these issues as well. 

If you're still seeing this issue after following those steps, can you please share some example contacts and screenshots of what you are seeing on your end so that I can continue to investigate this matter with the Support team? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
ragsntatters

Hi Jenny, 

Yup checked all that and it matches up. Some of them do show as being opened but others do not. These other ones have however been opened as I've got replies from the people and when asked they said that they opened the mails. 
Thanks

check.jpg

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @ragsntatters

Can you please send along screenshots of the email replies that you have recieved? If you can also send along (either through here or direct message) links to the contact records, that would be great!

Additionally, if you are able to access the email headers, we can look to see if the tracking pixel is present. 

Thank you, 

Jenny

0 Upvotes
ragsntatters

Hey how can I send a direct message? Thanks

0 Upvotes