Email signature

SOLVE
S2
New Contributor

Hello,

We are trialling your free version.

When adding an email signature anything more than a couple of lines and one image it hangs and never updates.

Is this correct? do you have a limit?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Hi @S2, thanks for reaching out!

There should not be a limit on the amount of lines that you can add to your Email Signature. I actually tested this out in my own portal, and was able to add a signature with 20+ lines of text and an image; I then sent myself a test email from the CRM, and the signature appeared as expected.

I would recommend trying to clear your cache, restart your browser, and try adding the signature again. Make sure to test it out after saving the changes, by sending yourself an email from the CRM. If the issue persists, feel free to send me a private message with a screenshot of any error you're seeing, or indication that the signature is not saving/not appearing on sent emails!

Best,

May

0 Upvotes
S2
New Contributor

Thank you May.

Looks like it is a limitation with Firefox.

We have achieved the signature with Chrome.

20 Replies 20
Community Manager

Hi @S2, thanks for reaching out!

There should not be a limit on the amount of lines that you can add to your Email Signature. I actually tested this out in my own portal, and was able to add a signature with 20+ lines of text and an image; I then sent myself a test email from the CRM, and the signature appeared as expected.

I would recommend trying to clear your cache, restart your browser, and try adding the signature again. Make sure to test it out after saving the changes, by sending yourself an email from the CRM. If the issue persists, feel free to send me a private message with a screenshot of any error you're seeing, or indication that the signature is not saving/not appearing on sent emails!

Best,

May

0 Upvotes
S2
New Contributor

Thank you May.

Looks like it is a limitation with Firefox.

We have achieved the signature with Chrome.

Community Manager

Good to hear, and thanks for letting us know in case this issue pops up for anyone else!

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I've had a similar problem. It doesn't appear when I try to type an email to a contact. A support engineer asked me to reset it but it didn't fix the issue.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@ReganCarver could you provide a screenshot of the email signature in your settings, and also what you're seeing when you write an email from the CRM? Some additional details would also be helpful, i.e. does the signature appear at all or does it just not render in the way that you'd expect it to. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

May,

My email signature still doesn't work after the instructions you gave me and after you deleted my other hub. I wonder if one of your engineers can fix it on the back end? I am 100% certain it is not an issue with my web browser. As I just signed in with Firefox.

Regan

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @ReganCarver, we can definitely take a look. As a final step, please send me another screenshot of the signature appearing in your profile settings, but not appearing when you write an email (post-having deleted the other HUBID), in your Firefox browser, and I'll pass it along. Thanks!

May

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Thanks @ReganCarver, I saved the screenshot and deleted it because it contained personal information. I just need a screenshot of the Email section in a contact record, with no signature appearing. You can PM this to me!

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @ReganCarver, I want to let you know that your issue should now be resolved: your owner email should now show up as intended, same as your signature. You might need to refresh the page / log out and in to see these changes reflected. Let me know if you run into any issues!

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hey,

I was trying to set up a customized email signature and I'm having issues.

First, is it possible to change the font color of your signature?

Second, I try to add an image of my logo and it's added very large with no options to minimize it. 

Please help,

Nick

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @nbugara, your question is not actually related to the original topic at hand here - this discussion was regarding difficulties with generating the email signature itself.

However, it is possible to increase/descrease the size of an image in an email signature, by simply dragging the edge of the image. You can also change the color of the text in the HTML section, though you would need to know some basic HTML in order to do so. Here is a GIF illustrating this process:

signature.gif

To ease this process, I would recommend testing out our free email signature generator: https://www.hubspot.com/email-signature-generator

If you have any more questions, please create a new topic!

May

Esteemed Advisor

@moonwebstrategy  I can't wait to try this.  Hoping it helps with formatting issues. 

0 Upvotes

We're trialing your free email signatures. I'm unable to save my signature to gmail, as it claims it is "too long". I know Hubspot is supposed to be compatible with Gmail, so I'm not sure why this is happening. Please advise.

I have also been having this issue for quite a few months. Each time I create a signature, Gmail says: Sorry, the signature for erica@bitterrootcreativemt.com is too long.  Please try a shorter signature.

Not sure what to do! 

0 Upvotes
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue even after clearing cache and restarting my browser. HubSpot's email signature generator keeps coming up as "too long" in Gmail... as seen here

https://gyazo.com/1151dea4360f4d2d260331d3e8bcadb7

https://gyazo.com/1bfc9eb3b2cb6c5e494966d4d49d35cb

0 Upvotes

I was getting the same error from gmail. What I did was:

1. Copy the source code from the Hubspot Email Generator (click the orange "Get Source Code" button)
  2. Pasted that code into a text editor
  3. Removed all the line breaks from the signature
  4. Saved the file with a .html extension
  5. Opened that file in my browser (Chrome)
  6. Selected all from that page and copied it
  7. Went into gmail signature and pasted it
  8. Clicked save

That ended up working for me - hope it helps someone else!

Visitor

Hi all,

I'm using the free email signature template generator.

I'm facing difficulties to upload a picture. I used the url from Google Drive as mentioned but it doesn't work.

Does somebody know how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Ellis

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

make sure file is public outside of your domain, it defaults to your domain

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Have you tried Ultra Signatures? This is a free tool, but has all the features that you find in a professional version. With Ultra Signatures you can quickly convert a PDF or Word document into gather electronic signatures, and share this document also. This has other features also, like Document Management, document merging, Workflow process, Custom Forms, the nice thing is it has a free version with all these features but there is a limit on how many documents you can use in a month.

0 Upvotes