Gmail Sales Extension

S2

Email signature

SOLVE

Hello,

We are trialling your free version.

When adding an email signature anything more than a couple of lines and one image it hangs and never updates.

Is this correct? do you have a limit?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Email signature

SOLVE

Hi @S2, thanks for reaching out!

There should not be a limit on the amount of lines that you can add to your Email Signature. I actually tested this out in my own portal, and was able to add a signature with 20+ lines of text and an image; I then sent myself a test email from the CRM, and the signature appeared as expected.

I would recommend trying to clear your cache, restart your browser, and try adding the signature again. Make sure to test it out after saving the changes, by sending yourself an email from the CRM. If the issue persists, feel free to send me a private message with a screenshot of any error you're seeing, or indication that the signature is not saving/not appearing on sent emails!

Best,

May

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25
JYoung7

Email signature

SOLVE

Hello, I have an HTML code from an email signature website. I use this for all my employees and I am trying to integrate it into my HubSpot email sig account. It gives me an error about the script and style. I have run it through a clean program and still not working. Can anyone take a look at the code of suggest something else. Thakn you so much! Josh

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Email signature

SOLVE

Hi @JYoung7 

Thank you for reaching out

Would you mind sharing the code / the error message you received? The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Email signature

SOLVE

Hi @S2, thanks for reaching out!

There should not be a limit on the amount of lines that you can add to your Email Signature. I actually tested this out in my own portal, and was able to add a signature with 20+ lines of text and an image; I then sent myself a test email from the CRM, and the signature appeared as expected.

I would recommend trying to clear your cache, restart your browser, and try adding the signature again. Make sure to test it out after saving the changes, by sending yourself an email from the CRM. If the issue persists, feel free to send me a private message with a screenshot of any error you're seeing, or indication that the signature is not saving/not appearing on sent emails!

Best,

May

paulagilcasares

Email signature

SOLVE

Hello,

I am trying to upload the logo of my NGO in the email signature with a link from Google Drive and it doesn´t work. It says "sorry we couldn´t find that image. Please, try again"

Do you know what is the problem? Here I send you a screnshot. 

Thank you! Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 12.23.28.png

MWare
Participant

Email signature

SOLVE

I have exactly the same issue! It's so frustrating. Have you managed to fix it?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Email signature

SOLVE

Hello @MWare, could you please provide us more details on what error is showing in your signature? The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

alexivanoff12
Participant

Email signature

SOLVE

I am having the same issue even after clearing cache and restarting my browser. HubSpot's email signature generator keeps coming up as "too long" in Gmail... as seen here

https://gyazo.com/1151dea4360f4d2d260331d3e8bcadb7

https://gyazo.com/1bfc9eb3b2cb6c5e494966d4d49d35cb

0 Upvotes
TheCosmonaut

Email signature

SOLVE

I was getting the same error from gmail. What I did was:

1. Copy the source code from the Hubspot Email Generator (click the orange "Get Source Code" button)
  2. Pasted that code into a text editor
  3. Removed all the line breaks from the signature
  4. Saved the file with a .html extension
  5. Opened that file in my browser (Chrome)
  6. Selected all from that page and copied it
  7. Went into gmail signature and pasted it
  8. Clicked save

That ended up working for me - hope it helps someone else!

EllisDM

Email signature

SOLVE

Hi all,

I'm using the free email signature template generator.

I'm facing difficulties to upload a picture. I used the url from Google Drive as mentioned but it doesn't work.

Does somebody know how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Ellis

atb990
Participant

Email signature

SOLVE

make sure file is public outside of your domain, it defaults to your domain

0 Upvotes
killig

Email signature

SOLVE

We're trialing your free email signatures. I'm unable to save my signature to gmail, as it claims it is "too long". I know Hubspot is supposed to be compatible with Gmail, so I'm not sure why this is happening. Please advise.

LHoang
Participant

Email signature

SOLVE

Hello,

I have the same issue. I tried Hubspot signature before and could save it to Gmail on the first try. Currently working on updating the new email signature, but can not save it to Gmail ("too long signature" issue). Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
ericahurt406

Email signature

SOLVE

I have also been having this issue for quite a few months. Each time I create a signature, Gmail says: Sorry, the signature for erica@bitterrootcreativemt.com is too long.  Please try a shorter signature.

Not sure what to do! 

0 Upvotes
S2

Email signature

SOLVE

Thank you May.

Looks like it is a limitation with Firefox.

We have achieved the signature with Chrome.

MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Email signature

SOLVE

Good to hear, and thanks for letting us know in case this issue pops up for anyone else!

0 Upvotes
ReganCarver

Email signature

SOLVE

I've had a similar problem. It doesn't appear when I try to type an email to a contact. A support engineer asked me to reset it but it didn't fix the issue.

MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Email signature

SOLVE

@ReganCarver could you provide a screenshot of the email signature in your settings, and also what you're seeing when you write an email from the CRM? Some additional details would also be helpful, i.e. does the signature appear at all or does it just not render in the way that you'd expect it to. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
ReganCarver

Email signature

SOLVE

May,

My email signature still doesn't work after the instructions you gave me and after you deleted my other hub. I wonder if one of your engineers can fix it on the back end? I am 100% certain it is not an issue with my web browser. As I just signed in with Firefox.

Regan

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Email signature

SOLVE

Hi @ReganCarver, we can definitely take a look. As a final step, please send me another screenshot of the signature appearing in your profile settings, but not appearing when you write an email (post-having deleted the other HUBID), in your Firefox browser, and I'll pass it along. Thanks!

May

0 Upvotes
ReganCarver

Email signature

SOLVE

0 Upvotes