Gmail Sales Extension

cleancutryan

Email Tracking Always Opening

SOLVE

I am having an issue where my track enable emails are always getting opened in the same place. None of my clients or myself are in this location. Every single email I send gets "opened" within the first minute or so of me sending it. They are always opened in Owosso, Michigan. This is a screenshot of my feed showing that each email is opened there regardless.

Screenshot_1.png

It's almost like I just need to ignore the first tracking notification I receive because it is always this Owosso, Michigan. After that, I can see when people really did open the email. However, sometimes I get multiple notifications like the one in the screenshot below. This client is located in Indianapolis, IN, nowhere near Michigan.

Screenshot_2.png

I have even tried using the troubleshooting steps provided in the pinned post of the help forum. I received the same issue, screenshot below. It's not that I can't track emails it's just annoying as crap to know whether or not it was really opened by a client or if it was just this false opening.

Screenshot_4.png

1 Accepted solution
cleancutryan
Solution

SOLVE

I was able to resolve the issue. It was an internal system check that was bouncing my emails to MI before being sent through. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
AS42
Participant

SOLVE

Our sales team has a similar problem without the location detail. As soon as the emails are sent, Hubspot marks the emails to be opened. We tried it with test contacts and the result is the same, before they even see it in their mailbox Hubspot already marked the email to be opened. The accepted solution seems to be an internal system check but does anybody have an idea of what needs to checked or what are steps to be followed to solve this problem?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AS42 

Thank you for reaching out!

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and examples regarding this. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Kziegler
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there cleancutryan,

My agency is currently facing the same issue. Any tracked email is immediately coming back with an "opened" notification, from a location that never changes.

I see you found this to be an internal issue. Would you mind sharing how you are your IT team resolved this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

All the best!

brutus99
Participant

SOLVE

Adding a rule to Exchange->mailflow->rules

bypassrule.png

0 Upvotes
cleancutryan
Solution

SOLVE

I was able to resolve the issue. It was an internal system check that was bouncing my emails to MI before being sent through. 

Michelle2
Participant

SOLVE

I'm having the same problemSmiley Sad How did you resolve it?

0 Upvotes
Kziegler
Participant

SOLVE

Our IT department actually had to call Microsoft to troubleshoot this issue, as it was being triggered by the Outlook 365 platform. We set a rule that would ignore the system's design to open and check any links on outbound emails (this was set by our agency for security purposes). So far we are not experiencing any bogus "click" or "open" notifications.

Best of luck!

markwkaiser_HPI
Participant

SOLVE

KZiegler,

Another thread post suggested whitelisting the sales team emails. Is that the rule your IT team set to ignore the system's check on outbound emails?

0 Upvotes
Michelle2
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much for your response!

AlexLTBE

SOLVE

How did you resolve this? Same issue.

AlexLTBE

SOLVE

How did you resolve this? I have the same issue.