Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Email Tracking Always Opening

SOLVE
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I am having an issue where my track enable emails are always getting opened in the same place. None of my clients or myself are in this location. Every single email I send gets "opened" within the first minute or so of me sending it. They are always opened in Owosso, Michigan. This is a screenshot of my feed showing that each email is opened there regardless.

Screenshot_1.png

It's almost like I just need to ignore the first tracking notification I receive because it is always this Owosso, Michigan. After that, I can see when people really did open the email. However, sometimes I get multiple notifications like the one in the screenshot below. This client is located in Indianapolis, IN, nowhere near Michigan.

Screenshot_2.png

I have even tried using the troubleshooting steps provided in the pinned post of the help forum. I received the same issue, screenshot below. It's not that I can't track emails it's just annoying as crap to know whether or not it was really opened by a client or if it was just this false opening.

Screenshot_4.png

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Occasional Contributor

I was able to resolve the issue. It was an internal system check that was bouncing my emails to MI before being sent through. 

9 Replies
Occasional Contributor

I was able to resolve the issue. It was an internal system check that was bouncing my emails to MI before being sent through. 

How did you resolve this? I have the same issue.

How did you resolve this? Same issue.

New Contributor

I'm having the same problemSmiley Sad How did you resolve it?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Our IT department actually had to call Microsoft to troubleshoot this issue, as it was being triggered by the Outlook 365 platform. We set a rule that would ignore the system's design to open and check any links on outbound emails (this was set by our agency for security purposes). So far we are not experiencing any bogus "click" or "open" notifications.

Best of luck!

New Contributor

Thank you so much for your response!

New Contributor

KZiegler,

Another thread post suggested whitelisting the sales team emails. Is that the rule your IT team set to ignore the system's check on outbound emails?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi there cleancutryan,

My agency is currently facing the same issue. Any tracked email is immediately coming back with an "opened" notification, from a location that never changes.

I see you found this to be an internal issue. Would you mind sharing how you are your IT team resolved this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

All the best!

New Contributor

Adding a rule to Exchange->mailflow->rules

bypassrule.png

0 Upvotes