Gmail Sales Extension

Prestijacopo

Double contact creation

SOLVE

hi there,

I have connected a Form on my WIX website (Wix form) to hubspot via a ZAP. I have managed to allow the zap to create the deal as I want and for a contact to be created with the Name, Last Name, email details in the form but I have the following issues:

1. 2 contacts are created. One correctly as expected and one with a weird wix email. Does anyone know why? Prestijacopo_0-1611816246240.png

2. The deal I create does not get the contact automatically associated. I need to do it manually. Is there a way to fix this?

thanks a lot 
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
lynton
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

Double contact creation

SOLVE

In HubSpot Workflows, you can add an action called "Create Record", and choose Deal as the record type. It will create a deal associated with the contact/company, copy timeline events, and set other properties as you desire. Check it out and see if it works better for you than a Zap.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Prestijacopo

Double contact creation

SOLVE

#####I think I have the solution######

I think I have just find out the issue. I have had to disable the creation of contact on the WIX form settings. Since I have done that no crm.wix.com contact gets created.

I hope this can be of help for anyone else

0 Upvotes
lynton

Double contact creation

SOLVE

Sounds good! Is there a reason a HubSpot Workflow isn't able to create the deal for you, instead of Zapier?

Prestijacopo

Double contact creation

SOLVE

as far as I understand from my research it can only create contacts. no other element in HubSpot

0 Upvotes
lynton
Solution

Double contact creation

SOLVE

In HubSpot Workflows, you can add an action called "Create Record", and choose Deal as the record type. It will create a deal associated with the contact/company, copy timeline events, and set other properties as you desire. Check it out and see if it works better for you than a Zap.

lynton

Double contact creation

SOLVE

Hi @Prestijacopo - I'm not sure why you're seeing a duplicate contact with a wix email address. However, you might want to check out the free Wix app in the HubSpot marketplace. It automatically pushes form submissions, new contacts, and contact updates, to HubSpot. You can use a HubSpot workflow to automatically create the deal and associate it with the contact.

Prestijacopo

Double contact creation

SOLVE

Hi Lynton,

thanks a lot for the message. I have installed the hubSpot Wix app but I am using the Zap to create a deal. In an ideal world I am looking to create from 1 form submission 1 contact (unless the client already exist) and 1 deal.  

Any suggestion?

regaeds

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Double contact creation

SOLVE

Hi @Prestijacopo 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Ben_M @MichaelC @lynton do you guys have any thoughts for @Prestijacopo on this? 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes