Gmail Sales Extension

mfujica

Do I need to do anything about DMARC and DKIM?

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm aware of the DMARc and DKIM changes.

I use Mailerlite to send newsletters and I've done the authentication there BUT I use g suite with the Huhbspot browser extension to send emails to contacts within Hubspot. Not mass emails but individual emails. I tend to send maybe a max of 200 per week.

This allows me to see what contacts open the emails and click on what links.

Do I need to add any DNS records for the sending done through the Hubspot Gmail browser extension?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@mfujica The emails that you're sending from Gmail would use the Gmail SPF record, not HubSpot's.

The HubSpot Browser Extension allows the emails to be logged/tracked and provides access to your HubSpot tools, contacts, etc. - it doesn't change where the email is sent from.

My recommendation would be to review your SPF records to make sure you have Mailerlite and Gmail included - if you can connect an email sending domain to HubSpot with Starter, you would be prompted to do the same there.

For the SPF record, it's important you only have one, so if you need to have multiple providers you have to combine them - this article walks you through how to combine them

You can add the DMARC regardless of where you're sending emails from and you only need one.

An example of a DMARC policy looks like this:

v=DMARC1; p=none;

You can see examples of DMARC policies here

Hope this helps clarify!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@mfujica The emails that you're sending from Gmail would use the Gmail SPF record, not HubSpot's.

The HubSpot Browser Extension allows the emails to be logged/tracked and provides access to your HubSpot tools, contacts, etc. - it doesn't change where the email is sent from.

My recommendation would be to review your SPF records to make sure you have Mailerlite and Gmail included - if you can connect an email sending domain to HubSpot with Starter, you would be prompted to do the same there.

For the SPF record, it's important you only have one, so if you need to have multiple providers you have to combine them - this article walks you through how to combine them

You can add the DMARC regardless of where you're sending emails from and you only need one.

An example of a DMARC policy looks like this:

v=DMARC1; p=none;

You can see examples of DMARC policies here

Hope this helps clarify!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes